Police arrest blind man who was carrying a "gun" which was actually his foldable cane

Originally published at: Police arrest blind man who was carrying a "gun" which was actually his foldable cane | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Flawda.

4 Likes

Recklessly jaywalking in front of FL cops with a dangerous navigation aid in his pocket? That guy’s a real daredevil.

18 Likes

Blinded by ignorance.

2 Likes

But the question remains: Did he enjoy his paid vacation in Martha’s Vineyard?

4 Likes

Ah, the old arrested for resisting arrest.

17 Likes

14 Likes

Arrested for not respecting their authority. Usually that comes with a beating.

6 Likes

Isn’t carrying a gun and shooting people because you feel uncomfortable around them perfectly legal in Florida?

20 Likes

You’ve identified the problem, though. He didn’t shoot enough teenagers to qualify for police protection.

18 Likes

The beatings will continue until you’re not blind anymore.

8 Likes

Add to the list of things that police are afraid of:

blind people

13 Likes

Arrested, not “put 28 bulllets in to the back of…”.

Tell me what colour he is without telling me what colour he is.

17 Likes

No, this particular brand of bullshit happens everywhere.

5 Likes

If they thought he was carrying a gun, I’m surprised they didn’t shoot him first.

6 Likes

See @VeronicaConnor’s comment above.

7 Likes

ahh, yes, should always read the rest of the thread before commenting…

2 Likes

I think the days when you could qualify for ‘open carry patriot’ with just a suspected pistol may be over.

It’s still your call whether your load bearing vest is for ballistic plates or just to ease the handling of the distinctive gravy seal paunch; but if you can’t at least bring a rifle you just aren’t serious.

4 Likes

White or not, I’m surprised they didn’t shoot him… and I mean after they discovered he was blind.

4 Likes

Fucking Nazis!!!

2 Likes