Florida man shoots up his own car in road rage incident

Originally published at: Florida man shoots up his own car in road rage incident | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The magic of Florida and its public records laws, I presume.

13 Likes
12 Likes

The gif really tells the whole story:

Edit: I guess I can’t embed the gif so go check it out on the jalopnik story linked above. But the guy mostly wasn’t even looking in the direction he was shooting.

15 Likes

It also looks like there is at least one other pistol in the middle console.

12 Likes

Maybe he’s looking away is because he knows that he is shooting thru his own windshield and expects some glass shards. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

So glad that folks like this are running around unfettered in public with lethal weapons, firing randomly in all directions.

A real Yosemite Sam.

21 Likes
23 Likes

Now that’s just an unfair comparison. Steve Martin’s character wasn’t shooting out his own windshield.

17 Likes

Its LA story, not Florida story, so there will be some differences.

25 Likes

Saw this last night on the news and the more I looked into it, the crazier it gets.

First, this happened in June.

They yelled at each other, driver 2 pulled in front of this guy and braked. You can see this in the beginning. Eric then goes for his gun. He’s ready. Driver 2 swings by, swears, and tosses a water bottle. Eric shoots 11 shots, while driving on the highway around others, hits no one.

Driver 2 apparently sues and Eric, profound genius that he is, offers this video as proof of his innocence. This one. Really. He also feels he was shot at. He’s looking at 30 years for this.

48 Likes

Theres many thing going on here, but chief of it is why is this person has not instantly been handed a lifetime ban on gun ownership? He’s shown above and beyond here that he absolutely
cannot be trusted with one…

17 Likes

Here’s hoping that he gets a nice, up-close and personal look at those 30 years.

4 Likes

What is that on the passenger seat? Is that the liner for a kid’s seat?

1 Like

To me it looks like a pillow for the small of your back.

He will be banned from ownership if convicted of the felony.

6 Likes

right after he brake-lighted the other driver he had his gun drawn. so let’s not have any misunderstandings about whether he fired after he thought he was shot at first. he was primed to start shooting, and that’s what he did. “christ, what an asshole” doesn’t even begin to describe this guy.

19 Likes

“well regulated militia”

24 Likes

Legally, he’s “innocent until proven guilty”. While he is charged with a violent gun crime, he hasn’t been convicted. Until he’s convicted, until his guilt is proven in court, the punishment of a lifetime gun ban can’t be imposed.

When he is convicted, his punishment will include a lifetime gun ban. For this crime, that is automatic. But he hasn’t been convicted yet.

It is possible that the judge in the case has imposed a gun ban as a condition of bail, but not guaranteed.

Of course, given that he is claiming he thought he was being shot at, it is possible that “I feared for my life” might get him acquitted. Then no gun ban. Hopefully that won’t happen.

5 Likes

Came here to post that clip. Shoulda known one of you fine people would’ve beat me to it :smiley:

3 Likes

He fired randomly without any attempt of aiming…

IMHO at minimum thats a charge of extreme negligence, or it should be… :confused:

I’ll double down on my initial statement, Lifetime ban

8 Likes