Woman points gun at mother and daughter in Chipotle car lot, charged with assault

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/02/woman-arrested-after-pointing.html

14 Likes

This could have been settled with a simple “sorry, pardon me”.

But now you’re gonna get hit with fines and possibly jail time. Hope your 2nd amendment rights combined with not following normal human behavior combined with your racism are worth the cost!

But hey, we need a well regulated militia to ensure that parking lot arguments can be won by brandishing a firearm.

27 Likes

Ammosexuality is a sin. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

1 Like

I’m sure the police would have had the exact same response if the circumstances were exactly the same, other than the races being flipped.

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaah…

17 Likes

How racist do you have to be to not say “Excuse me” or “sorry”.

23 Likes

Beautiful area, but some of the people there are dumb violent white trash. Weirdly you can make a middle class income but still be backwards garbage there.

I recommend activities where you don’t have to interact with the locals, like canoeing. Someone pulls a gun on you, just be polite and paddle away. Think of it like accidentally stumbling onto a wild animal.

10 Likes

I love that the woman has what she has to assume is a loaded gun pointed directly at her, held by a person who is clearly in a blind rage, and still slips in a political statemnt: “Trump make you feel real comfortable.”

33 Likes

Wow, most racists just say “I’M not racist.” Claiming all white people aren’t racist is some next-level denialism.

45 Likes

Obligatory: Christ, what an asshole!

8 Likes

Wait, isn’t this the plot of “Deliverance”?

33 Likes

Another Responsible Gun Owner™

34 Likes

There is a new reddit thread for these incidents

https://www.reddit.com/r/byebyejob/

17 Likes

Plot? I thought the film was a PSA. :scream:

Growing up in Michigan, white people were most scared of going into the poor black parts of the city. And everyone, regardless of race, was scared to hitchhike along a country road at night. And this was before the meth addicts took over the rural areas. There are way too many people who get away with dangerous antisocial behavior there. The community avoids confronting anything unpleasant, then years later we hear them on the news “he was quiet and kept to himself”.

12 Likes

I don’t get* why people just stand there and argue and argue don’t just shut up and leave, especially if they know, at some level, they are in the wrong.

*I mean, I get it on one level, but completely don’t on another. /shrug

7 Likes

At first I was “Ha, they got some social platform justice”, but then I was " Fuck. The only reason some people are made aware, of shit that goes on all the time, is through some firing news story".

4 Likes

That lady has been looking for a moment like this. She bumped the girl on purpose and the only reason it didn’t escalate then and there, is she didn’t have her gun on her. That little car tap was all she needed as an excuse to pull out her freedom maker.

9 Likes

When 2nd Amendment enthusiasts talk about how it’s better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it, I just immediately think of how many irrational people there are who aren’t competent enough to know whether they need one or not. You expect me to trust Karen with her sense of entitlement and her reactionary fear of people of color to be rational in a moment of panic?

26 Likes

There are a lot of people who can be backwards garbage anywhere and everywhere. Like that couple of hysterics with guns in St. Louis whose lives were at risk because people were walking past their house. And like the orange one in the White House.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure she’s not racist; you can see right there that one of her favorite guns is black.

8 Likes

Because “an armed society is a polite society”…

6 Likes