Police arrest entire Bakersfield, CA chapter of the Hells Angels

perhaps “Hell’s Angels’ Grannies”

2 Likes
18 Likes

It’s both a python reference, and a work of art, of which I have a print of.

It’s entirely possible that my late uncle might have known a few of the Arizona Hell’s Angels- the gang he was a part of back in the 60’s got taken over by them after he grew out of it.

7 Likes

Yeah, given that most of those non-firearms had nothing to do directly with committing a crime, nor could they be used to commit a crime, shouldn’t they be returned immediately, not to mention never been seized at all?

4 Likes

They’re trophies, no doubt about it. But there are a lot of laws on the books that allow cops to confiscate all kinds of things even tangentially related to “gang activity” (not to mention Civil Asset Forfeiture laws) so I expect the Hells’s Angels will have an uphill battle trying to get any of that merch back.

7 Likes

Also…

4 Likes

Forget Southern states, even here in Massachusetts, one of the least “gun friendly” states, that would be considered a small collection for many. People have little understanding of just how many guns are in civilian hands in this country.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Since AFAIK, Hell Angels started post-WWII, there could be a few generations now.

4 Likes
1 Like

yup. still trying to sell the “biker ethos” as the new western cowboy to perpetuate the “rugged individualist”, living only for themselves, their “brothers” and then whatever “family” that remains.
this is a part of the western mythos propaganda that pushes the idea of the “outlaw” as the antihero that only wishes to be left alone by their own devices (devices that includes guns, gun battles and death).
outlaw bikers =/= modern cowboys. there never was such a thing.

8 Likes

Even the cowboys weren’t really cowboys. Or at least, not the cowboys depicted in popular fiction.

13 Likes

Gibson has had a number of highly publicized quality issues in recent years, though. Not to mention the whole debacle of the self tuning guitar. And the excess stock of those that they couldn’t sell so they decided to run them over with a truck in some weird publicity stunt. And they’ve been overly litigious in protecting their IP, which hasn’t won them many fans, either. Gibson earned their current sales problems and reputation. Just like Harley-Davidson.

6 Likes

I guess. The source material was Danny Lyon’s photography book, so maybe the intent was to glamorize the lifestyle.

But to me, they came off as a couple of dipshits…

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know: A reputation for deliberate violence is probably more useful to the Hells Angels’ criminal activity than a reputation for random violence, and a utilitarian approach to firearms signals the former.

2 Likes

The suspects face a laundry list of charges, including kidnapping, robbery, criminal threats, and elder abuse…

… and, not to mention, poor grammar. No sign of a punctuation mark in “Hells” anywhere in all that expensive custom-made gear.

4 Likes

eric cartman street GIF by South Park

4 Likes

According to the Hells Angels’ website, they are aware that there is an apostrophe missing in “Hell’s”, but “… it is you who miss it. We don’t”.

which i have to say, is a pretty good retort

( til, they named themselves after an airplane squadron )

1 Like

Perhaps there are only 693 other motorcyclists?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.