Police arrest man allegedly trying to buy and resell stolen human remains

Originally published at: Police arrest man allegedly trying to buy and resell stolen human remains | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I don’t want to comprehend this. It’s not a wonderful thing at all.

6 Likes

yet+here+we+are

7 Likes

Weird. He doesn’t look like the kind of guy you’d expect to see selling human remains. He looks like such a regular, outstanding citizen.

Granted, we shouldn’t judge people by appearances, but his does suggest that he’s made some less than typical personal life choices. In fact, it suggests that his real vocation is to be the leader of a gang of crazed mutant bikers murdering and enslaving their way across a post-apocalyptic wasteland in a dystopian science-fiction movie. But while waiting for his chance to shine in that particular area, I guess that selling bits of dead bodies is as good a way as any to pass the time.

14 Likes

Nope nope nope nope nope.

3 Likes

Pennsylvania again. Why does this shit always happen in freakin’ Pennsylvania? It’s like the Florida of the Mid Atlantic. Man I hate living in this state.

5 Likes

It’s like Florida Man. We all want someone far away to blame, because it hurts to think that a neighbor or someone we know would be capable of this.

1 Like

Why not focus on the woman who stole the remains and sold them as legally sourced?

1 Like

How much press would this have gotten if the remains had been Native American, with perhaps another decimal point or two tacked onto the age?
“That belongs in a museum!!”

1 Like

Years ago I had a housemate who worked at Paxton Gate in San Francisco and people would often come in trying to sell them “interesting” stuff without paperwork. If I remember correctly sometimes the employees would buy these curios after hours instead.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that having hobbies was considered a healthy thing. Maybe not so much in this case.

1 Like

Reads and smells like a Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode.

PS: Just came back from their website. No comment.

She doesn’t have the same Mad Max look, so the story wouldn’t grab as many eyeballs. In a manner of speaking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.