Police called to church where man was waving gun... but it wasn't that

Originally published at: Police called to church where man was waving gun… but it wasn't that | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Well in the eyes of many conservatives in state, it’s pretty much the same thing.

16 Likes

How did they manage to not feel so threatened that they had to shoot the man? However did they find the time to figure out that this person was unarmed? So many questions about how this man is now on his way to a psych hospital instead of the morgue.

8 Likes

(life ending icons all)

15 Likes

How did they manage to not feel so threatened that they had to shoot the man? However did they find the time to figure out that this person was unarmed? So many questions about how this man is now on his way to a psych hospital instead of the morgue.

I’m willing to wager that his skin was on the pale end of the spectrum.

Also, which is scarier to have waved around, gun or cross?

10 Likes

8 Likes

This triggered a flashback. When I was a child at a RC church (70s), during Eucharist prep rite, a somewhat incoherent (actively cursing) woman walked up the main aisle waving a (IIRC) a bible and calling out the priest as a devil worshiper. Thankfully the ushers guided her out of the church before anything else happened. I remember how shook the priest was!

5 Likes

From the headline, I wouldn’t have guessed at first what he was waving was a cross. My first guess was some form of marital aid.

That’s not a cross, this is a cross!

angry guns GIF by Funimation

Actually, Wolfwood’s cross is probably closer to the ideal cross from a right-wing perspective since it tickles the First and Second Amendments “the right way”. It’s a cross. It’s a lot of guns. It’s a cross and a lot of guns!

9 Likes

Cross, gun, meh. Both responsible for an untold amount of human suffering.

13 Likes

Oh, Conservatives love crosses, although admittedly usually when they’re on fire. I’ll have to admit that waving either around is likely to be the cause of a lot of damage, the main difference being the time scale.

5 Likes

I totally expected a dildo.

4 Likes

Came to say something witty about crosses and guns, but everything already is here is better than whatever I was gonna say. :joy: Well done, mutants.

7 Likes

Historically, that item was far deadlier than guns.

2 Likes

Dang, I wanted it to be a sex toy.

1 Like

[whynotboth gif]

[not gonna post The Exorcist gif]

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.