Police called to would-be UK PM Boris Johnson's home, 'loud altercation' reported

I share your pessimism - but it’s worth remembering that up till now, votes have been for MPs, with the alleged shenanigans you mention. However now the vote is with conservative party members, so no one is sure how they will vote. (Polls suggest Johnson will win though :frowning: )

3 Likes

Rory Stewart was the closest to appearing like he is a human, and he’s out now. Maybe it’s time to remake the old Class War banner for the leadership election.

6 Likes
4 Likes

He certainly looks like something found after being lost at the back of the fridge for far too long.

4 Likes

The Army of the Three Monkeys.

2 Likes

As if a Treasure trolley and Trump mated.

2 Likes

because of

3 Likes

Some wag on the radio said he appears like he is a Thunderbirds character. I’ve heard a couple of interviews with him, and think he has some qualities that would make him a pretty good PM (for a Tory). However, those same qualities will keep him from becoming party leader.

As for Johnson, Parliament should have passed a law right after the Brexit vote appointing Farage and Johnson as the negotiating team, with the proviso that if they didn’t return in 6 months with a good deal they would be executed.

2 Likes
4 Likes

From the outside, it looks like the biggest difference between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt is that sometimes one of them gets called a %unt by accident.

3 Likes

The Sun, Mail on Sunday, and the Telegraph all going on the attack against the neighbours who called the police for a welfare check pic.twitter.com/Aqru0V7wAd

— Jon Stone (@joncstone) June 22, 2019
4 Likes

Aneruin Bevan in 1948

The same speech included these gems

successful Toryism and an intelligent electorate are a contradiction in terms

what is Toryism except organised Spivvery?

5 Likes

Yet the Sunday Times today has several pages devoted to BJ and this incident. It is, in effect, a multi-page character assassination.
On one page there’s 2 articles, one ‘for’ one ‘against’. Even the ‘for’ one reads like a character assassination.
I know it’s the Sunday Times and online it’s behind a paywall, but if you find a copy, it is entertaining schadenfreude-ish reading.

And it turns out after hearing the screaming and shouting and then silence the neighbours knocked on the door three times to check all was well, and only then called the police, after getting no response.

3 Likes

Sheesh I’m yelling at Boris right now.

Noooooooooooo!
:scream:

4 Likes

It’s especially unbelievable that they’d go after the neighbors considering three different groups of people called the police - including someone out on the street and someone in a different building.

And never mind that trying to stigmatize doing the right thing is going to directly lead to women getting killed in the future.

But pay no attention to that - Johnson has claimed that any connection between the two of them is a “Lefty delusion.” So obviously we should take his word for it and just ignore that Bannon let the cat out of the bag…

4 Likes

I think the first time it happened (certainly the first time on a broadcast) he was the Culture Secretary, so the Spoonerism made it easier.

1 Like

Well, Bannon is a self-described Leninist …

3 Likes

You forgot the most hideous aspect of a GE anytime soon - Dimwits are lapping up this charlatan’s snake oil like never before.

3 Likes

I had one ready to go and everything but Xeni beat me to the story!

5 Likes

But now it looks like Theresa May!

3 Likes