Police charge man using USB flash drive as a deadly weapon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/police-charge-man-using-usb-flash-drive-as-a-deadly-weapon.html

9 Likes

An alias for John Wick?

5 Likes

You always need a few tries to get it into the slot right-side up.

33 Likes

He was always gonna stick it to the other guy, wasn’t he.

4 Likes

Useless Stabbing Blade.

8 Likes

Yeah, but to be fair, this was the usb drive case…

8 Likes

At least he didn’t take a byte out of the guy.

14 Likes

<heavy-russian-accent>Camwren is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will, almost unlimited storage… something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a Kinko’s… with a USB drive. With a fuckin’ USB drive. Not a hard drive with a USB connection. A. Fucking. Flash. Drive. A little one, maybe 64GB. Who does that? And when he was done, he just plugged it in, got right on working on his Excel spreadsheet. Now get the fuck out of my sight.</heavy-russian-accent>

8 Likes

It was only a nibble.

6 Likes

Mobster: Yeah, so when I said “I want you to hack this guy to pieces”, I was not talking the cyber security meaning of “hack”.

3 Likes

7 Likes

TIL Johnny mnemonic was a body double for David Byrne

5 Likes

The juxtaposition … errr … makes sense, since the director was attracted to the big-suit aesthetic going back years.

3 Likes

I Killed a Man with THIS Thumb DRIVE

(I’ll get my coat)

4 Likes

I was thinking of the “data spike” that Robocop had to connect to computer databases. Which, of course, was eventually used for non-data-related purposes.

tumblr_nydy6j3l2m1rp0vkjo1_500

3 Likes

I actually have a flash drive in the shape of a miniature Master Sword…

4 Likes

USB as a deadly weapon? Nicholai Hel has entered the chat.

He probably stabbed him then had to turn the usb over and stab him the other way too.

4 Likes

I didn’t laugh a bit. Ok, maybe 8 bits…

5 Likes

I honestly half expected that someone encased a usb stick in a full-sized sword (and it may be), but my search was swamped out by all the miniature swords/knives that flash drives are built into…

1 Like

1 Like