Police fetch high-powered rifle to kill family dog at child's birthday party

I am so going to steal that phrase!

3 Likes

I agree with you on this. Also, by far the most demeaning people I encounter. And the most heavily armed.

7 Likes

I must have some Canadian blood in me somewhere,'cause half the time “oh, I’m sorry” is the first thing out of my mouth.

8 Likes

Oops. Sorry about that!

9 Likes

It’s okay, my fault really.

10 Likes

For example: Cory Maye, Ryan Frederick, and others whose names I don’t remember. Justified shoot or not, they will find a way to make you pay because that’s what thuggish lawless gangs do.

eta: and of course Kathryn Johnston.

3 Likes

I just want to repeat that.

If you aren’t willing to go on the streets without a gun, you are insufficiently courageous to be a law enforcement officer. No exceptions, ever.

We don’t need puling cowards in uniform any more than we need homicidal sociopaths.

Disarm the cops!

16 Likes

Well, certainly not blue.

Weird we’ve attracted no copologists when it’s a cute dog, not a POC the cops have shot.
(well, OK, not weird, but telling, n’est ce pas?)

14 Likes

I think the third rule is: everyone is a dog

Why stop at the police? The U.S. is flooded with enough arms to wage war on every blasted continent.

ETA: I now regret this comment as I fear it will derail this discussion into JAGT (Just Another Gun Thread).

11 Likes

Because the police are the ones using weapons irresponsibly.

4 Likes

I love dogs. I love animals. I talk to 'em like Dr. Doolittle. But, I can’t find any (more) moral outrage when hearing these stories of dogs being killed for little or no reason. It’s horrible, yes. Of course. But my outrage meter broke a long time ago.

This is systemic. If the police are abusing human rights, and killing people for little or no reason, it only stands to reason that the same would apply for our pets. I wonder if my bird would be considered “threatening”?

5 Likes

They’re likely all distracted hating on Cruz at the moment. Vitriol has a limited attention span, after all.

5 Likes

The dog that lived there ten years earlier was, unfortunately, probably already dead.

Tough luck all the way around.

1 Like

Well, I only make a distinction if the animal killed is named Cecil.

I don’t believe those children will feel much respect for the police force as adults, nor will they be quick to believe the officer’s side of any story.

I know the folly of believing a police officer and it cost me dearly, but at least I didn’t have my childhood pet murdered in front of me.

Christ, what an asshole!

America, stop enabling these vicious assholes!

10 Likes

Find the figures for any other country, and I expect you’ll see that America is a very special place

He was selected for his ability to lie and having an IQ no higher than 110. Then he was heavily armed and told that everyone who did not wear a uniform was his enemy.

We ask what’s wrong with police like it’s some sort of mystery.

10 Likes

Can we simply drop the fiction and start calling them occupying forces?

3 Likes