Police officers in Japan regret asking Canadian woman to inspect her bag

Originally published at: Police officers in Japan regret asking Canadian woman to inspect her bag | Boing Boing

Friends don’t let friends post clickbait links on boingboing. Just tell us whatever was in her stupid bag.

60 Likes

Guessing it was either sex toys or something else. TikTok doesn’t load on my browsers so i can’t check

12 Likes

She tells them it’s her panties, so they back off. :person_shrugging: :yawning_face:

27 Likes

panties GIF

11 Likes

A terrorist would never ever say “panties”, right? (/s)

Quit with the security theater.

8 Likes

Thank you for galvanizing my intent to never go on tik tok.

19 Likes

I can understand why people enjoy scenes like this but whenever I see one I find myself distracted by thinking how cheap it would be to stage it.

10 Likes

What do I come to BoingBoing for? Is it the clickbait? Read on to find the astonishing answer…

37 Likes

Come for the clickbait, stay for the mutants and wonderful things!

25 Likes

Learn this one weird trick to keep Japanese police from searching your bags!

21 Likes

15 craziest things Japanese police have found in tourists’ bags - number 12 will blow your mind!

21 Likes

Watch the police officers reaction as they hear what the Canadian woman carries in her bag.

5 Likes

Way back in the no cell phone camera days, I loved sneaking a quality camera or booze into concerts. Just put the contraband at the bottom of my wife’s(girlfriend at the time) purse and throw a bunch of tampons on top. There was never a single security guard that would poke around in there once the tampon force field was activated.

Right after 911 we had to go to Downtown Detroit to the federal building, it was crazy security. Everyone was going through metal detectors. There were some contractors in front of us. One guy walked through the metal detector carrying a huge 7 Eleven type coffee cup, the alarms went off. He set the cup down and walked back through, no alarm, they let him go. Look in the cup!

Even back then, like these two cops, security isn’t always on the ball.

I’m glad to see the panty trick still works. Imagine the viral video if they would have looked.

13 Likes

When I click on the link I get on a page with 100s of videos. Why not just the one?

7 Likes

Brook enters the chat…

13ca67303423aef4018a28dcb3ad205a--texts-one-piece

7 Likes

man! that didn’t work when i tried it…
bastards knicked me knickers, too!

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I don’t even try with TikTok videos. It seems to be impossible to just directly link to a particular video.

6 Likes

Panties must be very dangerous if the cops run away.

4 Likes

Maybe she unknowingly mispronounced “panties” and instead said, “a bomb that’s about to go off.”

3 Likes