Police respond after man repeatedly yells SHOOT!.... during a hockey game on TV

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/police-respond-after-man-repeatedly-yells-shoot-during-a-hockey-game-on-tv.html

4 Likes

But just to make sure they didnt totally waste their trip, they shot a random dog.

/s

Glad this didnt turn out horrible.

23 Likes

I suspect ethnicity / color may be involved here.

6 Likes

The neighbors, identified as Abner and Gladys “Karen” Kravitz, could not be reached for comment…

14 Likes

Hockey is a pretty dangerous game.

2 Likes

“I dare you to shoot” : some embellishment here, I think

6 Likes

What not to shout when seeing a friend at an airport: “Hi, Jack! You old devil!”

3 Likes

The Stanley Cup finals were Wednesday? How did I not know?

Oh, yeah. I’m a Jackets fan.

Not bitter at all…

4 Likes

Hi, I’m a Sabres fan.

1 Like

I don’t believe the story at all. Floridans watching hockey? Black people watching hockey? Ok, I’m open minded, I can buy that.

But Florida police NOT blowing away Black Floridans watching hockey when they have a faintly plausible excuse to believe them armed? That’s ridiculous! Fake News!

7 Likes

it doesn’t sound that weird if you think about reframing the headline as “Something Unusual Happens To Florida Man”

Only in America.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with Black people watching hockey, exactly?

2 Likes

Not wrong, unlikely. Its not like the NHL has a huge fan base in the hood. Or Florida

Hockey in Florida is supported by transplants, snow birds, and retirees. My retired dad went to his first ever NHL game in Florida. A Lightning game, no less.

Hi from Detroit metro, where black people don’t just watch hockey, they play it, too. How do I know? I’ve been playing beer league hockey up here for 20 years.

12 Likes

i thought somebody was being tortured in the suite beneath me last year. " fu#$k no arrrrrg ahhhhhhh!" and banging on the floor going on forever that I could feel in suite above , i thought it was upstairs so i knocked on their door everthing was fine, so checked downstairs and heard the tv through the door right away and left it alone realizing what it was. but seriously from my apartment it sounded like somebody getting tortured.

1 Like

Screaming at a tv during sporting events is bizarre.

Not screaming at a tv during rethug speechifying is bizarre.

1 Like

again… it happens to him over and over and over… poor florida man

1 Like

If a man is yelling “SHOOT” at his wife, I’m calling the cops if I don’t hear a gunshot right away.