Police seeking this idiot who captured a wild platypus and showed it off on a train

Originally published at: Police seeking this idiot who captured a wild platypus and showed it off on a train | Boing Boing

3 Likes

That has got to be a baby

And, at least in adults, that spur is no toy

Yeah, idiot, asshole, hope the poor baby is OK. :cry:

20 Likes

It looks like he’s all set to “find out.”

18 Likes

As an American, I saw the image out of the corner of my eye and my brain tried to interpret the platypus as a gun, before I read the headline. Turns out the actual story is almost as upsetting.

6 Likes

IIRC only the males have venom and the female don’t have spurs (or they are very small). So it could have been a female.

Still - don’t harass the wildlife!

3 Likes

Such charges can carry a maximum penalty of 431,250 AUD (about $289,000), police added.

Doesn’t look like someone’s gonna be able to afford shopping at Big W for the time being. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

At least it’s not a tourist… Wait, was that a tourist?

2 Likes

The tourist story on the same news bulletin here in Queensland was the guy who decided it would be a good idea to sleep on a North Queensland beach and was bitten on the legs by a ‘giant’ saltwater crocodile. It only ended up with his sleeping bag. Locals interviewed for the story stated that they wouldn’t walk along the beach at night let alone have a kip there.

5 Likes

idiot

1 Like

An idiot. Not a gentleman this time? :wink:

Just a few examples of BB “idiots”… uhh… “gentlemen”.

1 Like

I think the distinction is in how “Gentleman” is usually guilty of some etiquette infraction, and not simply stupidity? :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.