Police union leader invites bad cops to work in Florida

These days, the GOP is so shameless and obvious in their lies and misrepresentations that they might as well put up big signs that say “Trap Here!”. I can see why someone who habitually doesn’t think before he talks might be worried about falling into one of those traps, but…

Ok, there is a basis for concern here.

Definitely. He is supporting some key changes, such as reforming qualified immunity (it really should be eliminated, but again he’s too timorous to say so) and granting the Justice Dept. more power to go after rotten local police departments. That has to be balanced against his spotty record on law-and-order issues that hurt minority communities (a record for which he refuses to apologise). Coming out on the right side of that balance requires boldness (as opposed to bravado) that Biden just doesn’t have.

Clearing that ultra-low bar isn’t near enough. The Dems have to get beyond their slogan of “he’s not as bad as the other guy”.

I’m talking more about bringing in new voters by inspiring them with actual progressive legislation focused on creating a positive new future for PoC and young people. If the Dems are able to capture a fraction of people who usually stay home on election day, they win.

Absolutely. She’d offset a lot of his weaknesses and would bring in those new voters.

[I’ve pushed things off-topic here. I’ll continue any of this discussion in the 2020 Election topic]

3 Likes

also

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.