Political Cartoon Thread... b/c why not?

F-Ap5yzW4AAQmAU

2 Likes

(I am inclined to agree, and so I did not crop out the comment [from a Mastodon user].)

13 Likes

I watched a comedian yesterday who said that when the Powerball goes over $1bn then more people play Powerball than voted in the 2016 election, even though chances of winning are tiny. People are more willing to have a crack at a tiny chance of changing their lives than to go out and vote with a greater chance of changing everyone’s lives.

13 Likes

Yeah, that’s the outcome of several decades of anti-government propaganda on the American public from the GOP, I’m afraid… :sob: We need a real perception shift in the US to fix that… I’m glad, for all it’s fault, the Biden administration is doing some of that work, but the more we understand that government isn’t just something that exists outside of us, but is an instrument we can use to improve our lives that is made up of us, we’re gonna keep getting this outcome. I feel like more Europeans get this than Americans… but maybe I’m wrong on that?

13 Likes

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

8 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

Editorial cartoon from today’s Toronto :canada: Star. Perhaps our sense of offense is an expression of our latent :scotland: sense of thrift, which has in no way been impeded by our infusion of the :india: sense of thrift :grin:, but “skimpflation” has been getting some air time lately.

8 Likes

Perhaps, but it bugs the hell out of a lot of USians too. When bags that used to be pretty much full of something are revealed upon opening to be mostly full of (hot?) air, it’s a pretty blatant form of deception. No one likes getting ripped off.

10 Likes

Contents may settle during shipping! /s

6 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

16 Likes

One Big Kid’s Table

8 Likes

Funny/not funny how for me at least, Tom Tomorrow toons have come to seem like far too much reading to bother with.

:weary:

3 Likes

Fake image: I see green stuff on the table, and we know they don’t eat their veggies because that’s too ‘woke’!

7 Likes

Who said it’s there to be eaten?

“Garnish”.

5 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes