Political Cartoon Thread... b/c why not?

Of course! :person_facepalming:t4:

I’m in bed w/ covid today, that’s my excuse for brain fuzziness…

8 Likes

I think understatement works, or in some cases, if one wants to use something as fancy as hyperbole, litotes.

8 Likes

That’s a great word that I should do a better job of remembering. This comic isn’t understatement for effect, though, it’s ignoring things to heighten contrast. And I get what you and chgoliz are saying about it, but then I also remember how the media has been treating people like Liz Cheney. Trump is a new low but one made possible by those same predecessors doing the digging.

7 Likes

Sure, thus my use of “in some cases.” I’m glad you too find that word interesting. It’s a weird one.

7 Likes

13 Likes

4 war criminals one is being honest.

4 Likes

About death, mayhem, and destruction, maybe. But the “only I can save you” is the biggest lie in the comic

9 Likes

Depends on your definition of “save”, I think. If you interpret it as “collect the whole set”, there’s a certain depraved logic to it. :frowning:

4 Likes

I feel this comic will clarify the position (from falseknees)

16 Likes

And yet:

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

17 Likes

21 Likes

Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

11 Likes

This is not funny.
Not funny.
Not–

It’s funny.

20 Likes

The Moby Dick reference is a nice touch.

Keep it up, MAGAts. It’s the Ahab way to go!

12 Likes

20 Likes

20 Likes

16 Likes

20 Likes

13 Likes

Apt image, except of course that the corporate media isn’t helpless. They only report his every beat, blurt, burp and fart because it brings in the clicks. Tromp’s outrageousness is great for the “news” business.

17 Likes