Pope Francis congratulates Biden in phone call

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/12/pope-francis-congratulates-biden-in-phone-call.html

7 Likes

pope-loves-you

15 Likes

He should also call Amy Coney Barrett and politely tell her to switch teams (in the political sense).

7 Likes

or in any other sense she might be so inclined toward.

5 Likes

And he was speaking ex cathedra - so it’s a done deal.

11 Likes

I had to look the term up, but it was totally worth it. That’s not small news.

4 Likes

Trump Cultists: I don’t believe Biden won, this election is in GOD’s hands!!
Francis: I just spoke with Him. Congratulations, Joe!

15 Likes

I did make it up that he was speaking infallibly. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Ahh! A cursory search had me thinking that it meant he was speaking in his station as head of a weirdo small country, not as some divine radio host.

4 Likes

Honestly, the first Pope we’ve had in the last century who has any sense at all.

2 Likes

What about Pope John XXIII?

He was elected unexpectedly and no one thought he’d do much, then he called Vatican II…

5 Likes

I’d say he was a good Pope too. He perhaps was not aware of the sexual abuses we are addressing today.

So far the most damning stuff I’ve seen is about Pope John Paul II… Sinead wasn’t wrong…

sineadpoperip

But the rot on that issue probably goes back much longer. It’s a problem for any long standing institution with power over people’s lives. Abuse will happen by those who feel they don’t have to be accountable to the people they have power over.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.