Pope met with Kim Davis, urged homophobic Kentucky clerk to “stay strong”

Everyone I know who says “on fleek” is gay, white, and under 20.

5 Likes

It’s the papal equivalent of kissing a random baby somebody hands you, not because you approve of the parents politics or genetics.

1 Like

Yep. I sort of agree with religious freedom. I DO NOT AGREE with how this version of it is playing out. People have all sorts of crazy beliefs. But my belief stops at the tip of my nose. When my belief extends past me and into your personal space it abridges your rights. Kim Davis, the Pope and Donald Trump can believe any fucking religious thing they want; bigoted, racist, homophobic, homoerotic, I do not care. But the moment those beliefs affect another person, that is where this love-fest ends, immediately. Down the drain, as you say. And that is the long and short of it, for me: the pope, as nice a guy as he is, represents one of the most long-standing, rights-denying, bigoted, homophobic, evil organizations that has ever existed on the face of planet earth. It’s unforgivable and it’s shameful. Shame on you, Pope. You disgust me.

2 Likes

Thank goodness all the atheists in America continue to make well-reasoned decisions based on a thorough examination of the facts.

5 Likes

I’d say that’s not really on fleek.

(Am I doing it right? Do tell me if I’m not doing it right?)

6 Likes

He doesn’t like Ted?

2 Likes

You don’t have to, unless you want @metacyclotron to issue you a marriage license.

3 Likes

Except Bernie Sanders, of course.

10 Likes

Religious liberty is absolutely the issue in that case, it just happens to be that Kim Davis doesn’t have that liberty when confronted with the requirements of the US Constitution.

3 Likes

You’d be surprised.

#politics #dealwithit #peopledontactuallyunderstandsreligionnonoteventheirown #whocaresaslongashessayingsomethingwelike

2 Likes

3 Likes

But his policy statements are on fleek. Larry Wilmore said so…

1 Like
10 Likes

Can we please stop using that word? Not because of any ridiculous anti-melting pot idea that a group can own culture or keep it from disseminating, but for the right reason: it is a stupid sounding word.

Also, Larry Willmore needs to stop saying “keepin’ it a hundred.” How the hell did we go from “keeping it real” to that? Not only is it longer, but it sounds stupid. Also it is highly ironic considering Larry Willmore went to a private catholic school and there is no way in hell him uttering the phrase “keeping it 100” is in fact, “keeping it 100.”

2 Likes

Your commenting about no longer using that term is totally on fleek.

10 Likes

Well, he’s the leader of the largest Christian sect in the world; when appx. 1/6 of the world considers you the leader of their religion, it makes sense to see him as a ‘general Christian leader’. There really isn’t an equivalent Protestant leader.

1 Like

Dammit! Here i was starting to like this Pope… Not that I’m religious but it was nice to see a religious leader not be insane.

Oh well.

3 Likes

Is fleek dank yet?

For that matter is dank become dank?

3 Likes