Pope to Teens: Get Off The Damn Internet

Yep. He sure says a lot but what has he actually DONE? Not much.

2 Likes

He isnā€™t distinctly less horrible, though. But hey, people fall for it, anyway. No one actually considers what heā€™s DONE, or even what heā€™s said. If you actually were to pay attention, youā€™d realize heā€™s just the same olā€™ same olā€™.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very easy to say things like:

When you are sitting in a magnificent golden throne, dictating to the masses what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.

4 Likes

I think this is a failure of parsing.

ā€œchatting on the Internet or with smartphones, watching TV soap operas, and (using) the products of technological progress, which should simplify and improve the quality of life, but distract attention away from what is really importantā€

He didnā€™t say, ā€œStop using the internetā€ he said, ā€œStop dicking around.ā€ As mad as I am that we havenā€™t arrested Ratzinger for abetting child molestation, Iā€™m even more angry that we are misreading what this pope is saying. (?!?)

Well, he did demote the Bishop of Bling. Thatā€™s something, right? /s

I hope Iā€™m not the only person who was momentarily confused about the logic of telling ā€œaltar serversā€ to get off the internet.

ā€œWhat good are servers if they arenā€™t on the internet? And since when has the church needed servers at the altar? Are they taking tithes via Square now, orā€¦ oh.ā€

2 Likes

Maybe it is about airgap security. Altar servers belong to the red part of the church intranet that should be physically disconnected off the internet.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.