Positive rights vs negative rights & how that may or may not apply to our current situation

barged in

It’s the Internet, Goaticide. Everyone is barging

I meant it in the sense that you didn’t read the thread and were kind of rude. Hey, you changed my avatar name. That was very clever.

Go read some YouTube comments and weep.

I wouldn’t say you’re quite as bad as YouTube commenters. Give yourself some slack. :wink:

No, because I lived in a state that makes not one iota of difference electorally. I didn’t have to vote. Now I’m in a state where my vote will make not one iota of difference because it is so red they hand out those little books to the schoolchildren. The logic is situational, so your blanket statement doesn’t apply.

Well, if you read the thread and my posts within it, you’d see where I addressed that. :smile:

I know one thing I would do differently: I wouldn’t have given him $50.

You would have given him $500?

Electing Democrats doesn’t stop wars! It just delays them for a while.

If we elect Democrats consecutively into Presidential office for once in modern history, we may get a different result. But, we’ve never tried it…

Some of these men above initiated vastly more extensive open wars than others.

Of course, I’d rather see someone who wouldn’t take us into any fruitless wars (big or small) at all, but the leftist status quo won’t have him just yet, in my opinion.

So in the meantime, I’ll continue to push for the lesser evil for long term, progressive change that can eventually lead to more substantial change for the better with third parties, etc.

And, of course, support things like this:

1 Like