Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

One other issue to consider: slavery is illegal in East Tredroy.

I was thinking, given that the masquerade would be as a Wazifi Lord, going across the North bridge, and then going along the south shore of North Tredroy and back south across the bridge to East Tredroy.

Not for the swimming people, of course. They’d just swim straight across.

1 Like

I don’t want to go over the North bridge. I am not popular in Wazifi territory.

There are two bridges across to East Tredroy - guessing 74 is the Governor’s Bridge we came over to start with, and we are heading for the other one, 66?

I don’t know if “commercial traffic” means that we can cross as private individuals, or can’t cross with the cart, or that we can’t cross at all.

No wagons, no cabs. Foot traffic okay, private coach…maybe.

Which bridge is the carriage crossing?

Also, would anybody be interested in a GURPS combat arena?

I.e. Make another thread with some balanced fighters (sword & shield, 2-H sword, spear, etc), do a series of arena fights.

Southbridge.

Separate from the ongoing (and fun to read) RPG?
I’m not much for complicated things, but simples and quick, yeah, might be up for that. Put me down as a possible. Depending on, ya know, stuff.

Actually, Hawk has Swimming-10. It’s just showing as 8 on your sheet because it’s including the encumbrance penalty for the weight of your spear and shield.

Ah, so that’s why he had less trouble swimming across than I expected. He had a 50% chance of success instead of a 25% chance.

On a mostly-unrelated note, I’m quite enjoying writing his grousing about the smells of medieval civilization.

Guys can I get the quick rundown of what everyone is for ease of reference? There’s a lot of thread to crawl through.

@Daaksyde is Ranar, a dwarven fighter/outdoorsman, originally from Zarak.
@nimelennar is Hawk, a shaman and healer from the Nomad Lands to the north.
@daneel is Jibrīl, a charming rogue from al-Wazif.
@Mitchell is Nicolas de Courcy, a swashbuckling captain of mercenaries from Araterre.

Major NPCs are your employer Lord Aronn, the unnamed barman at the Valley Inn, and Morton, a rather strange half-elf who arrived at the inn along with the rest of the party.

The +3 to skill for entering the water voluntarily did come in useful. :slight_smile:

One dwarf, NPC elven and half elf, humans?

Yup; humans all over the place. Hopefully you’ll be heading north into Goblin country (south-central Megalos, around Yibyorak) soon.

1 Like

Is Mickeys a common enough slang term Nic would know what it means?
I’m guessing it’s some sort of law-enforcement, but it’d be handy to know.

“Mickies” is street slang for the Michaelites, representatives of the Order of St Michael. Originally a part of the Megalan Inquisition, they’ve since evolved into a body with more of a law enforcement role.

In Cardiel, they’re a secular organisation (employing both Christians and Muslims), charged with administering the Prince’s Justice and maintaining the security of the realm. In Megalos, they perform a similar role for the Emperor, but also retain their original mission as defenders of the faith and destroyers of heresy.

They traditionally work in teams of five. In Cardiel (and Caithness), this is known as a “Hand of Michael”. In Megalos, the name is “Fist of Michael”.

Not sure if I need to roll some dice to apply Twips skills since none of them involve ship building. But poking at the beams is what he’ll be busying himself doing.

So, thanks to the holidays everyone’s on hiatus and I’m having a brief burst of free time…and I’ve got to say you guys have made this terribly entertaining!

2 Likes

Should one of his partners have followed him as he used his spyglass, Thwip will had it to them and point out the men of authority back at the docks. Then he will say that he wants to hold a team meeting.

If he was alone when he took a look, he will try to gather up everyone to have a hush-hush meeting down below.

I might know what’s going on but he doesn’t.