Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Okay; thanks for letting us know. Good luck!

1 Like

Feel free to be creative! (I know you are) :wink:

And wish me luck! Iā€™m pretty sure I donā€™t need it anymore, but Iā€™ll possibly be rubbing a few people the wrong way for all the right reasons once this rolls, so maybe some good vibes would at least help me stay in my Grand Vizier role rather than getting stuck with too much attention!

@nimelennar @Daaksyde @Mitchell @daneel @William_George

Okay folks; how would you prefer Morton dealt with?

He obviously has some abilities that could be useful in the immediate situationā€¦which is good for a PC, but problematic as an NPC, because ā€œwe got rescued by an NPCā€ is not the most exciting way to go adventuring.

So, options:

1. GM-run NPC, later faded out of the story. May be a bit deus-ex-machina in the immediate future.
  2. NPC directed collectively by the players, again to be faded out afterwards.
  3. Pretend he was never there; heā€™s been quiet enough recently that this wouldnā€™t substantially disrupt the story, although it may make the escape from West Tredroy more difficult.
  4. @William_George temporarily handles Morton until swapping to his new character.

Iā€™d vote #1.

Weā€™re all still new enough at this campaign that itā€™d be nice to have someone who actually knows everything that their character knows and knows how the rules work to help us through this first situation.

#1 or #3.

#1 seems reasonable enough. He seems eccentric enough that even with his help, things need not be quite as simple as ā€œwe got rescued by an NPCā€ :wink:

what are the lighting conditions are like? And howā€™s traffic?

Any dark spots/ or alleys people could sneak of the carriage at? (Iā€™m liking Hawks plan + or - tweaks to the conditions)

East and North Tredroy are well-illuminated by magic; West Tredroy, by contrast, is gloomy as fuck. This also means much less street/social traffic after dark.

It is full night time; there are occasional oil lamps hanging along the street, but thatā€™s it. The further you go from Safiya Square, the darker it gets.

The map up thread shows the streets the carriage will fit on. There are also occasional foot-traffic-only alleyways.

I vote for option 1. Also, GM run PCs are great meat shields.

Which bridge / bit of waterfront are yā€™all heading for? Contininuing southeast, or turning northwest?

One other issue to consider: slavery is illegal in East Tredroy.

I was thinking, given that the masquerade would be as a Wazifi Lord, going across the North bridge, and then going along the south shore of North Tredroy and back south across the bridge to East Tredroy.

Not for the swimming people, of course. Theyā€™d just swim straight across.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to go over the North bridge. I am not popular in Wazifi territory.

There are two bridges across to East Tredroy - guessing 74 is the Governorā€™s Bridge we came over to start with, and we are heading for the other one, 66?

I donā€™t know if ā€œcommercial trafficā€ means that we can cross as private individuals, or canā€™t cross with the cart, or that we canā€™t cross at all.

No wagons, no cabs. Foot traffic okay, private coachā€¦maybe.

Which bridge is the carriage crossing?

Also, would anybody be interested in a GURPS combat arena?

I.e. Make another thread with some balanced fighters (sword & shield, 2-H sword, spear, etc), do a series of arena fights.

Southbridge.

Separate from the ongoing (and fun to read) RPG?
Iā€™m not much for complicated things, but simples and quick, yeah, might be up for that. Put me down as a possible. Depending on, ya know, stuff.

Actually, Hawk has Swimming-10. Itā€™s just showing as 8 on your sheet because itā€™s including the encumbrance penalty for the weight of your spear and shield.

Ah, so thatā€™s why he had less trouble swimming across than I expected. He had a 50% chance of success instead of a 25% chance.

On a mostly-unrelated note, Iā€™m quite enjoying writing his grousing about the smells of medieval civilization.