Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Any way to see any mechanisms past the webs that wont result in a face full of spiders or lethal gas?

Shrug. :slight_smile:

Well. That went differently than I expected.

1 Like

@nimelennar @Daaksyde @Mitchell @William_George @daneel

GM POST

So: how are you jamming the doors [1], and whoā€™s going in first?

[1] The key question is ā€œdo you want to be able to quickly un-jam them later?ā€

Since Thwip has the boom stick heā€™s not too worried about any Necronomicons we may encounter.

I addressed the issue with the doors in the narrative thread. I think we originally had Thwip and Jabril up front looking for traps and Blue Hawk and Aronn were in the back?

Yup. Post in the narrative thread if you want to go through the door.

Just to clarify: doors able to quickly unjam or not?

Are we going to need to lock the Deadites in the basement?

Surely I would never be that unoriginal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For reference:

The doors are jammed solidly, but a human could probably unjam them in a minute or so. The metal plate used to jam them is thin enough that a troll could probably force the doors closed, but it would take some effort.

2 Likes

Waiting on Thwip/Ranar/Jibril/somebody to tell me that theyā€™re moving further into the dungeon. At the moment yā€™all are clustered around the door admiring Ranarā€™s handiwork.

Posted.

If there are no obvious doors Thwip will pull out his burning glass, start in the right hand corner, and walk along the wall to the opposite corner looking for irregularities.

GM is pausing here to give all players a chance to respond to the environment; somebody post on the narrative thread if/when you want to go up the stairs.

For a moment of metagaming: the GM approves of the tactical wisdom of your current formation.

Scout up front, archer/mage/healer behind, slow heavy fighter on the flank (where he can quickly move to front or rear as required), fast fighter as rearguard (ditto).

Numbers and position matter in a GURPS fight. As you saw with the guards and the centaurs, swarming is very effective.

Try not to let it happen to your PCs. :wink:

1 Like

BTW: @Wanderfound ainā€™t real healthy, and part of the shit Iā€™m dealing with is clinical depression.

The giggles I got after posting the bit above is the most fun Iā€™ve had in months. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay for having written Arabic on a ā€œBroken!ā€ I figure he would have been exposed to the other two words, but heā€™d have to be quite unlucky for the subject of plague to come off when heā€™s wandering the lands where Arabic is in common use.

I hope that you feel better. Remember that you are appreciated, and that depression lies. And do whatever you need to do to stay sane.

2 Likes

Ballā€™s with you guys.

Force field in front, unexplored door behind, big chamber back down the stairs.

Iā€™m dealing with is clinical depression.

It runs in the family so I empathize. I also know how it can turn praise into a weapon for self abuse, but at the risk of doing so: Iā€™m bigly enjoying the game.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a lot of fun from up here in the cheap seats, too. Thanks @Wanderfound!

1 Like

BTW: let me know if you want a PM detailing the bits of plot that the players arenā€™t aware of. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very cool, but Iā€™m really enjoying the way things are playing out as they occur. I might well take you up on that later. :slight_smile:

Anyway, donā€™t want to intrude too much. Iā€™ll let you all get back to it.

2 Likes