Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Ball’s with y’all again. :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for the tacticians myself…

:slight_smile:

Jibrīl has a torch, de Courcy has a lantern.

Be careful what you wish for, though. :wink:

Just illuminating, or are you trying to burn the web?

It isn’t possible to get very far from the doorway without clearing web.

I was just trying to illuminate, to see what’s in there with us.

Sorry for the long absence. My place got robbed, and one of the things they took was my laptop. I’ve been spending most of my time, outside of work, dealing with the Kafkaesque process of making insurance claims, finding proof I owned what I said I owned, changing account passwords and making sure they didn’t get into my bank account.

Silver lining, it gave me an excuse to buy a shiny new laptop.

2 Likes

Shit, sorry to hear that; welcome back.

Is Nic taking Jibrīl’s suggestion to advance into the room?

2 Likes

Following Jibril’s lead. Although I thought it was the other way around on the light sources - Nic, torch. Jibril, Lantern.

Eitherway, he’s watching for movement, and looking to see if there is a gap in the web

Exceptionally lethal encounter with giant gerbils in 3, 2, 1… :wink:

2 Likes

[quote=“Mitchell, post:653, topic:83289”]Although I thought it was the other way around on the light sources - Nic, torch. Jibril, Lantern.
[/quote]

Yup, my mistake.

A giant gerbil, in a jauntily angled sailor hat, stomps through the room, closing on the party.

NIC: “I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.”

1 Like

Jibrīl’s Danger Sense just pinged hard and urgent.

Give me a split-second reaction, please.

Raise weapon, look for something to stab.

The strike is on target; I’ll need a defence roll.

If you retreat and Dodge, you’ll be trying to roll 12 or less; if you attempt to parry (with a retreat) instead, you’d be rolling vs 11, but it might damage one of the spiders legs if you succeed.

The spider’s legs have a three-yard reach; it’s still far enough back in its web that attempting to close to the one-yard range of your Tulwar is likely to get you entangled. Any movement past your & Nic’s current positions will require a DX roll per hex to avoid getting stuck.

@discbot roll 2d6 to parry first strike

@daneel the 2d6 dice reads: 11 to parry first strike (6,5)

That should have been 3d6, shouldn’t it?

I guess we take it I screwed that one.

@discbot roll 3d6 to retreat and dodge second strike.

@daneel the 3d6 dice reads: 12 to retreat and dodge second strike. (2,4,6)

Yup, but also see revised GM post; only one attack to defend against.

I’ll assume that the revised roll is a successful retreat and dodge.

Sounds good.