Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Stay back and be ready to heal.

Same as above. Let the melee fighters in and position himself between them and Hawk/ Aronn as a last line of defense.

Heā€™s also working on the idea that this amour is a hunk of tin like the other one. No need for a bullet to pass through and into an ally

You can move however you like; youā€™re not grappled. If you try to move forwards through the guard youā€™d need to make an Evade roll if he tries to block you, but stepping sideways is unobstructed.

Jibrilā€™s Off-hand Training perk lets him use his Janbiya left handed without penalty, but not his Tulwar (that would still have a -4 off-hand penalty). However, at the moment Jibrilā€™s left hand is occupied by carrying a torch.

Good-o.Stick with the tulwar in the right hand then.

I want to try to move something like this:

If thatā€™s not going to work too well, at least get out of the doorway to let Nic in.

Hmm.

I just realized that I drew my arrow from Thwip. Where am I? Under the guard? The basic strategy is to keep the guard engaged but to allow room for Nic.

Thwipā€™s gonna die if he does that. :slight_smile:

Yup, facing straight downwards.

Movement works like this:

• You have a number of movement points equal to your Move score (6 in Jibrilā€™s case; heā€™s quick).
  • Stepping forwards into any of the three front hexes costs 1 movement point; as you do so, you automatically turn to face the direction of travel (so stepping forward-and-right also turns you one hexface rightwards).
  • Stepping sideways or backwards without a facing change costs 2 movement points per hex.
  • At the end of your move, you get to make one more single-hexside facing change for free. If you used no more than half of your movement points, you can change facing however you like. If not, extra facing changes are 1 movement point per hexside.

So, in the Thwip runaround example above, heā€™d move forward-right for 1MP (changing facing to straight down in the process), then forward-left for another MP (changing facing to right-down), then forward-left/1MP again (facing to right-up), then forward-right/1MP (facing right-down), then forward-left/1MP again (facing right-up), then heā€™d have to spend 1MP on an extra facing change (facing straight up), then forward-left towards the guardā€™s back (getting the free facing change to left-up).

So, thatā€™d be a 7 movement point run for Thwip.

For Jibril to get to the same position, all you need is to step forwards for 1MP (down), step sideways to get behind the guard (2MP), then use your free unlimited facing change (because you didnā€™t use more than half of your Move) to turn to face the guard.

Alrighty, then imma do that. Can I do any backstabbing after?

If you stab someone from behind when they donā€™t know youā€™re there, itā€™s a proper backstab: no defence at all, may as well use a Telegraphic all-out thwack.

However, if you run around someone like this, they do know that youā€™re thereā€¦so it counts as a side attack. They get to defend, but itā€™s substantially penalised.

BTW, in case those movement rules are unclear:

1 Like

Reinterpreting the ā€œbackstabbing afterā€:

For a normal attack, you only get to move one hex (a ā€œstepā€). To make a move like this, you need either a Move maneuver (no attack, but unimpaired defences) or a Move & Attack (penalised defences, but you get to make a wild swing that has about a 40% chance of being on target).

1 Like

BTW, folks: thanks for restarting the game.

Distraction from the Ms Slinky situation is very much appreciated at the moment.

You should sign up to the other game thatā€™s starting too!

On hearing the noise from the hallway and the shout of ā€œMelee!ā€, Ranar will step in on the opposite side of the doorway from Thwip and throw himself at the guard, attempting a shield bash of his own. After that, heā€™ll try to stay in up close and on the opposite side of the guard from Jibril so that the guard is surrounded without much room to move/fight.

If things work out, Iā€™ll have the opposite problem: too distracted to focus on the gameā€¦

2 Likes

BTW: the guardā€™s Longsword has a two hex reach.

Iā€™m assuming you donā€™t need anything more from me and weā€™re waiting for our fighty colleagues to weigh in?

2 Likes

Yupyupyup.

@mitchell hasnā€™t posted to the BBS since mid-December; I sent him a PM yesterday, but havenā€™t heard back yet.

How long do yā€™all want to wait before we proceed with Nic on autopilot?

Another day at most?

Sounds good to me.

Alright, Iā€™m back from holidaying in the sticks and it looks like things have got fighty so;

Nic will slip in behind Ranarā€™s shield rush, then step to the side so the slave/gladiator/salaryman is surrounded.
If it keeps its feet after being hit by a half-ton of angry dwarf, heā€™ll attempt a trip (hook its feet out from under it with a leg if thatā€™s possible) and then attack the joints since that proved effective on the last ones.

1 Like