Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Still working on it, but I might just say that the progress of the fight so far has me bouncing up and down and giggling. :slight_smile:

In the last live RPG I played (Pathfinder) my poor halfling summoner was killed by a giant sentient poo in a sewer. I think the GM wasnā€™t happy with my ability to actually build a character since everyone else was a real gimp show. Then again, I did try to play the hero and not run away when I should have.

Not having a place to bury him, they left him in a deep sewer shaft and named it in his memory.

Jibril is fighting angry now.

1 Like

GM meta note: that looks like a five second speech or thereabouts to me. Remember that GURPS combat is in one second turns; the fight is only three seconds old. As in reality, lethal violence is often stunningly sudden.

Iā€™m not enough of a pedant to enforce this sort of thing, but if the fighters want extra roleplaying kudos they should get in a few more rounds of sword-swinging before reacting to Hawkā€™s statement.

Ranarā€™s trying to jump on the guard with a big bear hug, hopefully to knock him off balance and drag him to the ground or at least slow him down a bit so that the others have a shot at him.

Gotta be worth a try, eh?

Ranar is a skilled wrestler.

However, grappling requires hands; your left arm is strapped to a shield, and your right hand is currently holding a hammer. You can drop the hammer as a free action (allowing a one-handed grapple), but extracting your arm from the shield would take a few seconds.

Iā€™d allow an Armed Grapple with the shield still on, though; your hand is free enough to grip the end of your hammer.

Or you could try to Hook:

Note that all of these special attacks still need to get through the defenderā€™s block/parry/etc to have a chance of succeeding.

Armed grapple sounds right. Ranarā€™s not trying for anything fancy, just jumping on the opponent and throwing his arms around him. Something that could be done with your hands full, though probably not as well as if you could grab on with your hands.

Iā€™ve gotta say Iā€™m finding Little Thwippā€™s Adventures in Dreamland pretty damn entertaining.

3 Likes

Once Iā€™ve got a moment, Iā€™ll post a few more rounds of fight action before pausing for input again.

BTW: Nicā€™s moves in that just-posted scene were a couple of Evaluates, followed by a successful Feint (that gave the guard a -4 defence penalty), followed by a Decrptive Attack to the leg.

It was a good hit, but even after you hit, thereā€™s still armour to deĆ l withā€¦

Yeah, @William_George is doing a great job with that.

1 Like

@Wanderfound: If Hawk is attacked while trying to rescue Lord Arron, heā€™s going to try yielding again.

Thanks guys. This almost as fun as blogging

In which language?

Arabic.

@Wanderfound, are you waiting for something? I think all of the conscious characters have posted since your last GM post.

Sorry; feeling a bit rough today. Iā€™ll get on it soon.

No need to apologize, or to hurry. I just wanted to make sure that you werenā€™t waiting on us for anything.

Nicā€™s missed parry was seriously bad luck, BTW.

Heā€™s normally got a parry of 13, but losing the cloak drops that to 11. Adding a retreat brings it to 14; all-out defence raised it to 16. But the attack was a deceptive attack (-2, bringing it to 14) and the previous feint gave a -1 penalty (so, 13).

Nic rolled a 14 for his parry.

Damn, wouldā€™ve made that with the cloak.

On a related note, for future reference since Iā€™m planning on trying convey Nicā€™s reactions to combat player cues more narratively from now on:

I meant to indicate throwing some fatigue into the defence for extra bonuses (thatā€™s a thing isnā€™t it - frantic defence or similarly named manoeuvre?) by saying Nic prepared to throw everything into defence.
Donā€™t bother with a retcon if thatā€™d change anything, it was my bad for not being clearer.