Post Your Best Work/Study Music

Study music?

Silence. Hacking music (which as an adult is really the same as studying)?

Metal–preferably melodic, at 130bpm. Which usually means it is Swedish and it is Death Metal.

Don’t get me wrong, though. America produced the most legit fake metal band ever with Dethklok. A fair amount of their fake music is in my hacking playlist, rivaling only In Flames.

An interesting aside, my running playlist was originally this, as 130bpm is the right cadence for my stride. Later I worked out it was great for hacking as well.

1 Like

No Dragonforce? (It’s gotta be 160bpm, but haven’t checked)

Right mood, way too fast.

Fun fact: they are not too well respected in prog metal circles. They (I am told) have trouble playing their own songs live. Unlike the godfathers of the scene, Dream Theater, who the crowd cheers when they mess up.

1 Like

My metronome is saying about 182.

That’s a good swift clip. No wonder I could never play it on GH3.

2 Likes

I did a mental check without a metronome–if you hum the Stars and Stripes you will hit 120.

Another factoid, I have a Charlie Parker book around somewhere with a song that has a bpm of 300+. Of course it’s all eighth notes, but he was fast.

1 Like

Stayin’ Alive is recommended humming while doing CPR because of its 120 bpm.

ETA - Wow, I tried it, Stayin’ Alive totally matches Stars and Stripes!

2 Likes

Then you might like:

2 Likes

Positively madcap!

2 Likes

Not exactly study music, but may I interest you in ОПА!, a Russian klezmer brass band?

2 Likes

That set looks like the Moldovan version of Hee-Haw. And there’s even a hammer dulcimer!

1 Like

Tro-lo-lo!

2 Likes

That. Is. Wonderful.

One of the best life acts I know - but the videos and albums are great, too.

Brought to you by the Random Generator God out of my music collection, both are imho useful background sounds while working:

Das Hobos:

Trio Zahg:

1 Like

They’re realer than real, though.

They’re not very loud, so sometimes it helps to take two.

If you liked Das Hobos: LeRoy is more or less identical (and is part of the same artists circle)

Reviving this to submit a vote for Nils Frahm music.

At present I am listening to

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I do have a list for this one, not sure if it’s all fitting in the topic:

I stop, fandom is a joy, but boring to others.

4 Likes

Agreed.

Recently, I’ve been listening to the Homestuck albums:

It’s a good variety of decent types of instrumental music. A few of the songs in the discography have lyrics, but not many.