Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

No need to read, just look at the pictures.

8 Likes

Here’s my amateur effort at this last summer:

Walrus from below at Hagenbeck Tierpark in Hamburg.

15 Likes

Terrible photo, but I’m just so Dog damn happy to see hummingbirds at my window again!

ETA - Here’s a nice video of one I posted last year.

19 Likes

Turtles are weird. I love 'em.

18 Likes

Voiceover, Lorne Greene:

Chancing upon a likely patch of late-afternoon sun, the fierce pack hunter and terrifying defender of the hearth lays down her burdens for a longish nap.

19 Likes

The Red-eared Slider: a fixture of my youth, growing up in the south. I was astonished, traveling in Asia later in life, to find out that they are terribly invasive.

8 Likes

These are at a little turtle rescue pond associated with the zoo where I live in France. I guess people stop finding them cute at a certain size…

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t fathom why they would be popular pets. They’re quickly too big for an aquarium, and if it’s for a pond, where on earth would you be where there aren’t native terrapin species?

4 Likes

Back in the psychedelic squirrel thread, I mentioned this guy:

12 Likes

The bees were letting me take pictures this evening.

18 Likes
11 Likes

Hana looks like my Ruby, with the same type of markings.

2 Likes

14 Likes

“Please mail me to someplace without elected representatives who think women are chattel and ocean levels rising are caused by rockslides into the ocean.”

14 Likes

Two of Us.

17 Likes

I’ve been away for a few weeks, but after a day there’s forgiveness.

15 Likes

I think she’s still making up her mind on that.

6 Likes

Out of the Spiderverso.

12 Likes

Here’s Omega Dog today after spending the night in the woods around our little hilltop neighborhood. He’s somewhere between 15 and 17 years old, stone deaf and arthritic, but he’s still got enough dog in him to go walkabout when given the opportunity, like when the kids left the gate open. (Argh!) Some neighbors helped me find him by midday today, covered in ticks (hello, Bravecto), and he’s been parked in this exact spot since. Poor old man!

19 Likes

Andorinha-pequena-de-casa (Pygochelidon cyanoleuca cyanoleuca)

14 Likes