Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

I usuallly see dogs doing this. Ok, the dogs just sit, wait for the red lights with the other pedestrians and cross the streets along with the crowd. Ok, it is not impressive as the cute capybaras did, but I think we, human beings, are changing the animals somehow.

9 Likes
8 Likes

I saw this guy by the road some years ago in Rio.

15 Likes

Watching the Shaun the Sheep movie.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Tonight we’re hosting Toby, Child #1’s black cat in the garage while his landlord does an inspection. I’d love to have him in the house but we already have cat politics in extremis.

Of course, as TNG and Iain M Banks teach us, once scarcity gives way to sharing, even cat politics can learn to adapt. Dude and Luna sharing the sunlight, but only reluctantly.

16 Likes

Tourist cat.

15 Likes

Is that Pão de Açúcar? I think I can just see the gondola port at top, but I can’t see the cables.

I don’t do well with heights under the best of circumstances, but god that ride was some of the most miserable 30 minutes of my life. Brazilians have great faith in their engineering, and the Brazilians in the car spent the whole ride trying to get it to rock from side to side…

I spent our entire time at the top desperately searching for a way to just walk or climb to the bottom.

9 Likes

Sim. This is the Sugarloaf.

In the past it was possible to climb to the top of the mountain through a trail from Morro da Urca . People walked in the woods, climbed until the first stop and then took the cable car.

Today this is no longer possible. To take the second cable car is necessary to present the ticket.

People say the trek is worth it as it passes through the woods and you can see birds, marmosets, coatis among other animals, and is a great exercise, they say. I confess I never tried to do that. I’m sure I would get lost and end up like Tom Hanks in that famous movie.

11 Likes

18 Likes

Whose a good boy??? Who is?!? It’s YOU! You’re a good boy!!!

10 Likes

We saw the violet light outside and raced out to see the sunset. The salad spinner was still spinning when we came back, and Niko fascinated, but wary.

15 Likes

Our little Lineolated Parakeet Douglass is feeling sick today and wrapped himself up in a soft blanket.

19 Likes

I hope he gets well soon.

9 Likes

The Veterinarian says there is not very much can be done for tiny parrots. Sweet X-ray from 2011 when he went lame. He totally learned to survive with this handicap. We thought he would have to be put down. But he learned to overcome it and has been a very happy bird. I draw inspiration everyday from him.

18 Likes

Garden ghost

I particularly like the stubby little nymph wings.

16 Likes

Aw! What a sweet birdie! I’m glad Douglass brings you such joy… And what a great name!

8 Likes

Moki:

19 Likes

Great color.

6 Likes

Thank you. :heart::bird:

4 Likes