Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Look what I found while weeding in my overgrown mess of a yard just now:

A baby box turtle!

20 Likes

D’awwww. Do they not develop the panels until later?

6 Likes

I haven’t looked into how they develop yet. It looks like the photo on the Wikipedia page. It was not shy at all, making no attempt to pull into its shell. This is the first tiny one I’ve found, though I see small adults throughout the warm months. I’m that person who stops the car in the middle of the road, turns on the hazard flashers and moves them across the road in the direction they were heading, so finding a baby in my yard is a big happy!

16 Likes

Thiiiiirrrrrsty.

17 Likes

https://www.comedywildlifephoto.com/

We are open, we are waiting for your entries, and we are already chuckling at some fantastic images.

• The competition closes on May 31st 2020, but the sooner you enter the sooner we can show the world how funny this years entries are.*

There are two important parts to this competition. Firstly, it exists to recognise great photography, and more importantly great photography that has captured a wild animal doing something so funny that makes us snort into our cup of tea. Secondly, and really should be firstly as well, we are trying to raise the issue of conservation through a humourous, upbeat and positive association with these animals. The simple idea behind it all is that we strongly believe humour and positivity have a major role to play in building awareness, interest and eventually action towards protecting the animals that live on this planet.

8 Likes

Lizards on Kitty TV™

13 Likes

Cicada molting.

We get lots of the empty exoskeletons every year, but this is the first time I’ve found one in progress.

14 Likes

Siesta for everyone.

14 Likes

Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.

Social Distancing Cat. Before the pandemics.

12 Likes

Squeeeee! I had a boyfriend a long time ago who owned a box turtle. He was so quirky; I loved watching him navigate the big, scary world and menace strawberries (the turtle, not boyfriend).

8 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

2020 is getting even more strange each day.

5 Likes

“There’s an old Jewish saying that: when you save one life, it’s as if you saved the world,” Coyne said. “When you save a duck, I mean you’ve save the world for that duck.”

16 Likes

Special Brunch: Strawberries, carrot greens, grape leaves all on a bed of pre-soaked Timothy hay.

Mona, you’ve got something…

17 Likes

Our gerbils used to like Timothy hay!

5 Likes

Serene social distancing seagulls swimming in swan’s pond.

Another place to go back after this pandemics.

12 Likes

Say that five times quickly!

8 Likes

Two fledglings next to their nest. I dont know why the nest is on the ground but it seems to have been there for some time, based on the amount of droppings.

Take care little floofy birbs!

19 Likes

Easy.

Saying

Thanks to a third of thirteen theatres threatened by thinking things.

Is almost impossible for any Brazilian.

6 Likes