Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Apparently I’m Brazilian, then!

6 Likes

A juicy package

11 Likes

Dozens of deer rest under cherry blossoms in Japan
The images were recorded after the state of alarm was declared in Japan.

15 Likes

I was going to ask if those were the Nara deer, but I clicked on the link and my question was answered immediately. They are probably wondering what the heck is going on, now that there are no people offering them crackers all the time.

10 Likes
4 Likes

Visitors this evening:

Teenage fawn

with mama doe

15 Likes
15 Likes

Does Funky Sasquatch count as an animal?

7 Likes

This reminds me of our trip to NorCal last summer. We went strolling into Fern Canyon and heard an electric guitar in the distance. We finally walked past a guy playing riffs and there was a woman who was filming him and anyone who walked by.

We were mildly annoyed that we drove so incredibly far, only to hear some dude using the canyon as his home studio. The only thing more annoying was the woman filming our reaction.

6 Likes

I am the night.

A possum keeping social distance before the pandemic.

13 Likes

My mother’s photo, from her garden:

He doesn’t realize it now, but he’s perilously close to becoming their pet. Still, too many ground squirrel holes to investigate for him to care about the mealworm bounty in the porch.

18 Likes

How safe are Gila Monsters to have as pets?

10 Likes

I’m going to go with “not”.

On this episode of Breaking Trail, Coyote receives the WORST animal bite of his life when he is accidentally bitten by the only venomous lizard in the United States, the Gila Monster!

This is a guy who has intentionally let himself be bitten and stung by things like pepsid wasps, bullet ants and giant centipedes.

15 Likes

This guy needs to get a much longer handle for the GoPro.

14 Likes

Behold the Great A’Tuin:

Context.

22 Likes

16 Likes

Social distancing spider waiting for food delivery.

Porcaria de cellphone photo.

14 Likes

First hummingbird sightings today!
Thought I heard one yesterday but had forgotten to open the curtain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(sound on)

A big thank you to @RickMycroft for posting a reminder to put out feeders! :smiley:

15 Likes

Its turtles all the way down

18 Likes

The first week we had our feeder out, the weather was terrible, and no hummingbirds were spotted. Three days ago, there were a few Rubies, but they seem to have been passing through. None spotted since then.

Yesterday, a male Baltimore oriole perched on the feeder. Those are once-in-a-few-years rare around here.

I need to rig up a camera on the feeder with a humming bird alarm.

8 Likes