Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Aw thanks, I’ve gotten better waxwing shots, but boy are they a pain to get a photo of. Fast, busy, paranoid, and preferring to hang out in the tops of tall trees is not a fun mix for a photographic subject. But they are such lovely birds, always wonderful to spot and hear.

My favorite shot I’ve gotten so far is:

followed by

17 Likes

those first two: I know the frustration of the subject’s back and tail being in ideal light and the head juuuuuuuuuuust barely out of it must have been palpable. it puts me on edge just looking at it.

ETA: that next group, the one in flight is an incredible shot. really really good!

3 Likes

Those birds are trolls. The blown hilights on the first one make me cringe, and I wouldn’t post any on a photo forum/portfolio, but they do show how beautiful cedar waxwings are. They were raiding that bush for about five minutes before they vacated to hang out in the tops of the cypresses.

4 Likes

16 Likes

The voting photo shoot was more challenging than it might have looked

13 Likes

Did you guys see my hedgehog in the Trump/Pricklepants/Clinton debate? It was amazing.*

*In my imaginary world where this happens.

16 Likes

Probably ravens, but yes, it is an absolute riot. Corvids can be such trollies.

2 Likes

No ravens in Seattle proper just crows. Or at least I have yet to see anything other than crows here. Ravens only when out on the peninsula.

3 Likes

Did you see Phoo Chan’s photo of the crow that landed on a bald eagle?

Those were shot in Seabeck, WA. (Phoo Chan is an amazing photographer and a really nice guy.)

14 Likes

I have now. :smile:

1 Like

My Pit-mix: TikTak

Bit jealous whenever anyone else is given attention, high energy ,but also willing ot just hang out with you. Very affectionate.

13 Likes

11 Likes

I see what you did there.

2 Likes

Look, my hedgehog made it into the newspaper*

16 Likes

Ours for about 20 hours, from when we found him until we found the owner and returned him, but super cute:

17 Likes

Princess Pricklepants works on capturing the primate vote.

9 Likes

“This is President Pricklepants. Politeness policy plan P. proceeding as planned.”

12 Likes

Monty and Captain at a friend’s house (Monty was 18 months younger and had a slightly ragged coat with a lighter tan colour). They could look threatening, but they were both complete babies. Monty couldn’t bear to be away from us for long, so he’d sleep outside our bedroom door when we made it clear that he wasn’t going to be allowed in bed with us.

10 Likes

Hopefully @nemomen won’t mind my campaign contribution…

13 Likes

Beautiful.

On an unrelated note, I have no caption for this yet, but surely there is one:

10 Likes