Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Obligatory:

5 Likes

14 Likes

With Super-badger’s super-speed and super-strength, combined with Bat-hog’s ability to strike dramatic poses and speak in a deep gravelly hedgehog princess voice, surely Gotham will finally be free of crime.

2 Likes

Doesn’t that suggest a third identical-looking fancy breed rabbit, of the opposite gender to one of the ones you know about? (You have heard the expression “breed like rabbits”, right?)

4 Likes

22 Likes

I had this happen with a cat. He had convinced the lady down the street she was his owner, too. She won the cat ownership war; she fed him nicer food.

9 Likes

There are 2 cats that used to live across the street from me. When a dog got brought home one of them now spends most of his time 2 houses south but does come in for food and at night when the dog is asleep. The other found a new home 3 houses south and across the street. That one has since found that we have kibble and will let him have a bit so comes by once or twice a day to say hi and have a small handful of kibble then happily go back out side.

3 Likes

A quickie, about to take off for NY flight.

19 Likes

Safe travels!

4 Likes

Thanks! Look forward to getting better and getting to Bath, in my imagination it’s roughly like this:

already miss the hedgehog. :pensive:

13 Likes

We rescued a kitten who is 3 weeks old.

Pretty sure this is a little girl, and her name is Minnie Pearl. She’s sleepy now but when she’s awake she makes herself HEARD.

Her eyes are clearer, and her nose less snotty than when she arrived last week. I’m not sure why her mother rejected her but she’s doing pretty well considering what she’s been through. Her littermate didn’t make it but Minnie looks to be on track for a good life here. I have high hopes.

Edit: she’s even cleaning herself, yay!

19 Likes

Posted this new political ad a couple days ago, which did surprisingly well:

When elected president, I will teach crocodiles and people to solve their differences without resorting to crocodile wrestling. I will make people and crocodiles be friends.

(Also, my flu is gone, Bath is lovely)

18 Likes

16 Likes

Adorable! Yay! (Will you eat fudge banana swirl? Travel round the world?)
Cleaning herself is a very good sign of kitten determined to live.

5 Likes

One of my “California mom’s” cats decided to move across the street when she got sick of the annoying boys that she had to share the house with… At first she would visit home daily, but then she go used to being the only cat and queen of the roost, so she mostly stayed across the street. My CA mom would get annoyed when the ladies who adopted her would give instructions about what what the cat liked when she took care of the cat when the ladies went out of town – “I know what she likes, she’s my cat”

7 Likes

Co-worker just got a new puppy… 12 wks old – she’s an incredibly adorable Chihuahua/Dachshund mix.

17 Likes

This thread is my new happy place. Especially since our elder cat checked out while I was in Japan :sob:

Keep the cute coming, people!

12 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

11 Likes

Thank you. He had a long and feline life, but we’ll miss him. Sweetest rescue you ever met. I named him Odie because he reminded me so much of Garfield’s hapless canine brother :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Our other cat and our dog is probably having a harder time adjusting than I am. Lost enough pets that I know the score, but it’s still hard as hell. Can’t say I’d do anything differently though (other than postpone my business trip). Kiddo was loved :heartpulse:

Here’s him looking splendid.

19 Likes

When I drove a few hundred miles from LA to the Bay Area to adopt a cat, it was for his tabby brother I’d seen online. But Flint (as in Our Man Flint) was a bit defeatist, having perhaps given up adoption. Odie meanwhile was purring and preening and doing everything he could to get noticed. So of course we took them both home :slight_smile:

The whole trip back down Route 1, Odie was over the moon. Flint, in contrast, seemed somewhat shell-shocked. Odie would cuddle up to Flint and be like isn’t this awesome?, and Flint would find a new place in the car to curl up and hope.

For the first two weeks or so, Odie would wail whenever he was alone. To the last he would crawl up under the covers and surround a human leg for warmth in the chill winter nights.

Le Penseur…

12 Likes