Mreowr!

16 Likes

What?

What?

Goddamnit.

[Sigh]

16 Likes

Good view of the M on his/her forehead!
One of our dearly departed kitties had “false eyes,” so when he closed his eyes, the fur above made it look like they were open, sort of like those moths or butterflies with the markings.
He had that M pattern, too.
Does yours get that effect?

7 Likes

The “eyes”? Not really.

6 Likes

This isn’t my cat, but looks pretty similar:

If you squint you can see how the markings above the eyes look also like eyes. It was very trippy the first time we noticed it.

11 Likes

I live just north of coral snake range in the southern US, but in elementary school I still learned a mnemonic for identifying a true coral snake: “Red on black is a friend of Jack. Red on yellow will kill a fellow.” So if that little bit of folk wisdom holds true in Brazil, the one in your photos is an imposter.

Yup.

11 Likes

I think it’s better treating them all as If they were all real coral snakes.

We have to admit that these color patterns are very beautiful.

10 Likes

White squirrel at my mother’s bird feeder. Not an albino based on the eye color.

22 Likes

Winter is coming
predators will have a tough time finding that one!

13 Likes
16 Likes

New family member this week. We named her “Ripley” because

1. Strong female character
  2. Easier to fit on a tag than rival tourist trap “Madame Tussauds”
  3. Still working through that destructive puppy phase

25 Likes

I hope so, but it kinda sticks out.

19 Likes

Awwww Ripley! Who’s an adorable little girl? Yes you are!

:heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Couldn’t wait for the black friday.

Maned wolf is seen inside a mall in the city of JataĂ­, Brazil. Watch the video.

10 Likes

From the rooftop.

16 Likes
9 Likes

I had suggested that my mother name the white Squirrel “Al”, but with this information perhaps “Lucy” is more appropriate?

(Yes I know, it’s a wild animal etc etc)

7 Likes

Magpies having a party in my yard:

The Pied Oystercatchers have started visiting, too:

https://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Haematopus-longirostris

18 Likes

Say hi to Baillie, 7yrs Yorkshire / Poodle mixed mutt.
Rehomed with us when he was 3.
Scared of absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Now a true story (which I don’t come out of at all well).

When asked his name, I would often reply “Beelzebub, destroyer of Worlds!” -pause- “but for short we call him Baillie, Nibbler of Slippers.” So far, so slightly amusing. Until a friend of mine, who I shall call X, asked me the name of my new dog. I managed to get the first half of the joke out, whereupon he burst into over-the-top laughter and kept repeating the name “Beelzebub.”

Now, this friend of mine has an awful speech impediment, and Beelzebub comes out “Ibblybob” every bloody time. I left it alone that day. And the day after, I thought it could do no harm and it was fairly amusing. Now, of course, two years later I have trapped myself. I can’t tell him the truth because he’ll think I’ve been taking the mick all this time (which is a fair cop). When another friend called the dog “Baillie” in front of me and X, I got that look and, naturally, “What did you say his name was?”

“Beelzebub”, I reply, “but we call him Baillie for short”. To this day X still blurts out “Ibblybob”.

I’m going to hell for this.

Anyway, here’s Ibblybob rocking his Xmas Jumper :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Time for cute overload

18 Likes