Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

I just want to make a little announcement for my senior cat Tasha, who will be put to sleep tomorrow.

Some of you know I’ve had Tasha for almost 5 years, when I found her as a pet rescue from San Diego’s Humane Society. They did not know how old she was, but likely more than 12 years at the time.

She’s my crankypants, but whenever she wants to sleep safely, you can find her in my lap when I’m seated, or on my right side when I’m in bed. She loves sleeping in sunbeams, wet food, chin rubs, and resting in cardboard soda-can trays in good condition.

I’ve been ready for this day for a while, so I don’t feel very emotional about it. Absolutely I will miss her, but I am happy to have tried to make her stay in this world as pleasant as I could.

27 Likes

Even when you know it’s the right time, the right thing to do for them, it still sucks. :pensive:

16 Likes

Saying goodbye is never easy, but it sounds like you were a great companion and comfort to Tasha during her Golden Girl years. Bon courage.

16 Likes

You’re a good human.

16 Likes

17 Likes

You’ve been her friend for five wonderful years and you’re both lucky to have found each other. Take care of yourself tomorrow, and give her some extra chin rubs from me.

11 Likes

The blink experiment: subject 3. No progress at all due to the eye distance.

17 Likes

Be careful, sometimes that trick works too well!

16 Likes

I’m sorry. The worst part of letting critters into our lives is the day we have to say goodbye. I firmly believe you did provide a great senior home for Tasha.

15 Likes
11 Likes

kitty-hugs

Hope you’re doing okay…

15 Likes

I’m good. Tasha got an extra helping of wet food this morning, and is dozing peacefully on the electric banket. I’ll take her to the vet around midday so she can soak up the sunshine as we wait our turn.

19 Likes

That photographer was lucky the equipment was spared! :wink:

5 Likes

Our old supercat, rescued from a pound when she was maybe a year old – and she chose us – was obviously in great pain when we took her to the vet for her final day. He said, “You do everything right and this is how it ends.” That’s a sad truth.

8 Likes

Clothes fresh from the dryer

18 Likes

2 birds

ETA Yes, I tweaked the colors a little

20 Likes

oh! pretty little goldfinch and red-belly woodpecker! we see a pair of those woodpeckers at our feeder several times a day and they get loudly demanding when the feeder runs out!
sadly though, we don’t ever get goldfinch down this far. they sure are pretty!

10 Likes

The goldfinches aren’t very common in our yard. We see them maybe once a week. That one tube of thistle would last all year, if it didn’t get moldy first. The woodpeckers are abundant though

11 Likes

17 Likes

I bet they makes the statues and cars smell really good.

4 Likes