Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

They dart like dragonflies!

7 Likes

Your “Restaurant” is a huge success! Compliments tô the chef!

I liked the way the guy at the bottom right kept nonchalantly drinking the nectar as the other birds fought.

10 Likes

Ninja!

4 Likes

Baby Bunbun is growing up fast and is also the reason my Black-eyed Susans are sticks this year.

18 Likes

The ruby-throated hummers here are too busy chasing each other away from the two feeders I have out to share like that. They’re fun to watch anyway, even though they’re mean to each other.

11 Likes
8 Likes

Here I get Allen’s, Anna’s, and rufous. It took me a while to earn their trust as a reliable purveyor of fine nectar. Last year, a battle-hardened, mean-looking male Anna’s (pic below) thought of itself as the master of the feeders, but this year I am getting a lot of birbs. My current tribute to the flock to ensure their almost constant presence is about one liter of nectar per day.

18 Likes

“Oh, it’s easy. You keep your weight on your feet, and your feet on the banister.”

5 Likes

So tiny, yet grumpy.

7 Likes

If you hadn’t mentioned the Black Void, I’d have missed it completely. They’re in pole position for ankle-grabbing!

5 Likes

A liter per DAY!

I think maybe I’ve gone through maybe a cupful or two all summer, although I just get one visitor.

On the other hand I go through about 20 pounds of seed in a week.

17 Likes

These birbs know how to chug. Each of them weighs three to six grams, but they can drink double their body weight per day. I may be feeding more than a hundred of them.

20 Likes

We think last year we were feeding sixty+, this year only about forty. We finally got them to start using our backup feeders (they’re terribly spoiled) but even with four feeders I don’t think we got past ~700mL a day this year.

12 Likes

Not my pic, but thought people here are always in the mood for a good bee butt, and this nature blog is a great resource for anyone living in the northeast US.

14 Likes

Is there a bad bee butt?

Confused Thinking GIF

12 Likes

If there is, I haven’t seen it yet!

11 Likes

Layla the Eternally Surprised, surprising me today.

21 Likes

We’ve rescued 11 cats over the last 20 years. We currently have 5. Our most recent is our first feral. He had been living in the neighborhood for a couple years since he was born. We decided to take him in after something attacked him requiring surgery.

It went well, only took a couple months to get him used to living indoors.

I turned around from my desk the other day and found him just chillin’ and staring at me. He’s a cool cat.

21 Likes

My last day with Molly. Her human headservant returns tomorrow.

22 Likes

This is about five hours at my most popular feeder, a frame per minute compressed to 10 fps:

21 Likes