Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Wow, look at that liquid level drop!

14 Likes

Oh God, they can teleport now?

15 Likes

24 Likes

It looks like you two got along pretty well? She’s a cutie.

11 Likes

An oak titmouse shelling and eating a sunflower seed.

17 Likes

while I suspect that is not your thumb (reasons), I still have to ask if the bitey little lizard tried to save you 15% on your auto insurance?
cute li’l guy.

13 Likes

http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/22700284

https://ebird.org/species/mawtyr1

18 Likes

I don’t usually see these on the ground. They like to eat from the feeder hanging upside-down.

20 Likes

Totally not my thumb.

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Someone in my neighborhood must have put up a beehive. I’ve seen more honeybees mobbing our bird bath this year than ever. I keep the water replenished for them as much as the birds and occasional squirrels.

22 Likes

We’re seeing huge numbers of bees this summer, often more bees than hummingbirds at the feeders. And in our case, it’s almost certain that nearby human intervention is not the cause.

8 Likes

Sometimes it’s not easy for the bees to get a drink:

16 Likes

Praying Mantis.

Wut you looking at?

23 Likes

obviously not my pet, but just look at this cutie! PigShark, FTW!

sharks are so. damn. cool.

16 Likes

They really are the coolest and creepiest of bugs…

Once I was sitting outside reading a book, looked down and saw 3 teeny-tiny little mantises running around on the arm rest. They were probably the size of my thumbnail if that. One threatened me. It was adorbs.

20 Likes

They bite. How do I know this? One got stuck in my car and bit me when I had it gently cupped in my hand to get it outside. No cups or paper and it refused to leave on its own. It was a big one and took a chunk of skin! I caught it again and called it bad names all the way to the grass.

19 Likes

OUCH!

Yeah, the full grown ones are wonderful and really scary. I would not fuck with one if I did not have to… They are my favorite bugs to see outside, tho.

Praying Mantis Fighting GIF

Praying Mantises (?) are king of the bugs!

18 Likes

Signs of spring - the blue tongue skinks are out in the garden.

For scale this one’s about 20cm long.

20 Likes

19 Likes

Is It big or is It an average lizard?

6 Likes