Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Awwwwww! There were some kittens at the adoption event that really wanted to come home with me, but as long as my grumpy old lady kitty is around, I just can’t. She’s annoyed enough about the dog :pouting_cat:

10 Likes

Our older male cat is grumpy about it, as was the the one we recently lost, but has never really been aggressive to the kittens we foster, to the contrary it’s usually the kittens stalking them! Cat’s have great powers of denial, “I’ll just ignore them”, or at worst a disapproving hiss or growl. If she can tolerate a dog surely she can take a kitten. But I guess YMMV, we have a neighbor whose cat will physically attack anyone or thing but her.

4 Likes

If we had more space I’d definitely consider another cat, but our place is tiny! Not a lot of options for giving critters their own space–and I think she would definitely be much angrier about another cat. She never learned to love the previous dog, and isn’t likely to ever love this one either, but as long as the dog doesn’t give her a hard time, she can deal. This dog seems pretty chill so far (basset mix FTW).

Katy definitely does not want to acknowledge that the hound exists; she’s given her a few hard looks, but then she turned around in her bed so that she could see neither the dog nor me. SHUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :laughing:

8 Likes

I’m starting work on a new story, Princess Pricklepants, Viking, so I was testing out the costume.
Still working out an appropriate axe and shield.

“Fear me.”

“Where’s that axe?”

17 Likes

I’m going to post pics of my mom’s cats. I lived with her for a few years, and the cats and I became quite attached.

This Momcat. Yes, for those who remember Kliban.
She’s rather small, but is the living embodiment of The Flash/Quicksilver. Somewhat standoffish, but is very loving if she knows you well.

This is her daughter, Scout. Yes, after Mockingbird.
Not quite as fast as Momcat, but still a bundle of nervous energy, and very talkative - at least with me. She’s an absolute pig at mealtimes, and we have to separate her from the others so she won’t eat their food, and also feed her in portions so she won’t eat too fast and barf it all back up.
She’s my bestest friend, and often follows/hangs around to see what I’m up to. If we ever experience a nuclear war, I want her around because she will find the food.

This is Momcat’s son, Crash. The name? I dunno.
Crash is big, very strong, and suffers from epilepsy. Things can get dicey if he has a seizure, and the other cats are freaked out for days. Not helpful, especially when he’s confused about the sudden agression.
He kind of solitary, but will sleep next to you on cold winter days, though he’s picked up a habit of biting if you move. Generally, he’s a good boy.

19 Likes

Oh, poor baby. He’s got some gorgeous eyes, though.

I can’t believe how much the daughter resembles her mom. And it seems like the two offspring have their mom’s eyes.

Hopefully you’ve made some feline friends in TJ.

3 Likes

Yay for new doggies! She’s a cutie.

Awww, we would be such failures at fostering…

Sounds like Momcat and Scout were combined in our old tortie… I miss my “conversations” with Kali.

7 Likes

Nope. There’s a huge population of dogs here at “street level” so I’m guessing the cats don’t make many appearances.

@crenquis Momcat is a great head-butter, and loves the skritches, but not too many! Scout just hangs out and stares at me attentively like a dog. My mom thinks it’s funny.
And yeah, I miss my tortie Jasmine. We’d talk all day long.

8 Likes

I thought you were quite knowledgeable in your use of Playmobil accoutrements.

Hint:

9 Likes

While I love the Playmobil stuff (and was recently looking wistfully at a sadly too-expensive Playmobil Dragon Boat), but isn’t the scale too small? Don’t I need to take a trip to Terra Toys to see if there’s anything cheap and properly scaled, and just delight in being there?

4 Likes

Too big (2"x5"x6")?

3 Likes

Did you know my daughter put my Dremel somewhere strange, then left for college, so yesterday I spent an hour searching for but not finding it, so I couldn’t work on carving the axe handle and shield? Why didn’t I think of polymer clay? Since I wouldn’t even need to paint the stuff, but just apply a bit of patina at the end, isn’t that just what I need?

4 Likes

Also, no horns! I believe there’s no historical evidence of horned Viking helmets. After all, accuracy’s essential, especially in hedgie-themed re-enactments, right? :wink:

5 Likes

Arr, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day. We’d wish ye a happy one, only a pirate would never say that.

16 Likes

Arrrr! Fair winds and following sails to you Pirate Princess

7 Likes

Katy is not thrilled with her new friend. But so far, so good. (I suspect Madeline has already been whacked by a cat at some point in her life, as she is exercising extreme caution :smirk_cat:)

22 Likes

I dig kitteh’s t-shirt. :smiley_cat:

9 Likes

It’s my favorite one that I’ve found for her so far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good news!
Mom’s cat Crash has been switched to a different medication for his epilepsy (the previous one was making him wheeze). He is doing better with this new medication though it’s more expensive, and he has been seizure-free for at least six months.

20 Likes

I made some progress on the viking axe and shield (I think I’m going to paint the sheild blue and add some more patina).

I also got sidetracked a little…

14 Likes