Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

From the “on this day” google photos notification… Bob, 5 years ago when he still had his foot.
Maneki-neko sleeping pose:

Creepy eye half-open sleeping pose:

19 Likes

Always love this one:

12 Likes

So, bad news and not so bad news on Kitty the chihuahua’s progress…

We talked to the vet today, and Kitty is doing better but still needs care. Regretfully, she lost her right eye and a couple of teeth after surgery.

I am determined to get Kitty out, but the vet bill still needs to be paid by the adopter. I’m able to put in $100 more tomorrow (part of it thanks to a random donation - I’m guessing maybe from here, and they searched me out?), which leaves $300 more to go.

I’ve edited my GoFundMe page to reflect Kitty’s situation. Am I allowed to post a link here?

P.S. I’m guessing now Kitty has one eye, she’ll just have to be a pirate queen. A chihuarrrrrrhua pirate queen.

P.P.S. Gonna see if they’ll let me take a photo or two at the vet when I go.

Edit: Figured I’d introduce you to Angelina, Tomas’ granddaughter. She’s almost two years old, and is crazy about Kitty.

Update: Three $25 donations so far…minus processing, oh - and a $123 donation from someone who loves critters. Not sure what processing will remove from that.
Tomas says thank you. As long as work is steady for me, I should be able to get her by the 3rd of November at the very latest, whether or not donations trickle in more slowly.

15 Likes

Our new family member, Teriyaki. (Better than her old name of Oregano) She misses her 4 siblings that we were fostering with her. We had to beg the shelter to let us keep her, it’s against policy but we’ve been fostering a while, 25 kittens, and we had to put down one of our 2 cats over the summer. She’s a sharp one, unlike our 10 year old male who’s a dim bulb.

19 Likes

You could definitely put a link in your profile. And it’s not like you’re a drive-by spammer, either.

12 Likes

Done. Kitty’s GoFundMe is my bio.

Side note: @nemomen , have any ideas where I could find a little eye patch?

11 Likes

Cool. :smiley:

And to save everyone looking for it, it’s:
Kitty the Chihuahua’s GoFundMe page:

8 Likes

Dread Cap’n Kitty the Intrepid Buccaneer Chihuahuarr?

That I do not know. Probably could find things on Etsy, though.

7 Likes

As a side-line, any idea how much a enveloppe-post will cost from Europe to the USA? And @knoxblox do you know if she has an ‘average’ Chihuahua head-size? (Neighbors have one for the measurements).

3 Likes

I’ve mailed a few small things. First class letters from US to UK/Italy were around $1. Keys in a soft-pack envelope to the UK was around $2. The weight is the main thing that sets the cost (insurance/registered mail also adds a bit). Not sure what costs are like the other direction.

3 Likes

I don’t know her head size at the moment because the vet has her.

I do know she’s tiny, though. Until I do the renovations to the apartment, I’m doing the box spring/matress on the floor thing, and she’s too small to even jump on that.

5 Likes

The critter a few doors away is small also, you don’t want to know how we call her :wink:

5 Likes

€ 1,25 € 2,50 Depending on the weight, that’s not going to kill me. Argghh! Pirate dog there you go.

8 Likes

Chaplin doesn’t usually let me take close-ups of his face. He usually stops whatever he’s doing that’s cute the instant I point my phone at him.

20 Likes

If you were to change her grey to black, she’d look a lot like one of my previous cats, Moo.

4 Likes

He kind of looks like a bat. So cute!

6 Likes

One of the most recent. Sorry I’ve been…away, for a while.

13 Likes

16 Likes

Beautiful creature. And welcome back. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes