Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

I’m in love. And the name, too.

4 Likes

Laziness with Iris and Mr. Stud. He’s a grumpy old man, but she’s still working on softening him up. None of the other kitties can lay peacefully with him, like this.

16 Likes

Spot the elephant:

20 Likes

I didn’t choose the cat life; the cat life chose me. And my brother seems to be saluting this. From circa autumn of 1965.

20 Likes

Awwww. We had a Siamese mutt that looked sufficiently Siamese while I was growing up. Her name was Penelope, but we called her Penny.

5 Likes

Not sure if you noticed, but she’s got a little something on her face.

4 Likes

“Nature red in beak and claw…”

6 Likes

Nearly stepped on this guy Saturday night, walking to the park for nocturnal animal spotting.

It’d been raining pretty hard all day and it wasn’t letting up that night, and this frog was just sitting out in the middle of the road getting rained on. I guess it enjoyed the clean sky water more than the dirty collection reservoir swamp water. For reference, he’s just about the size of a softball. Pretty big. I thought it was a fallen maple leaf in the dark and it hopped out from under my foot. But it didn’t go far and let me walk right up close.

15 Likes

My guy likes to sleep with both eyes open but his nictating membranes shut. So that he looks like a milky-eyed corpse. I guess he’s a weird one.

10 Likes

The gibbons at Disney World had a baby. I spent quite a long time at the gibbon island watching gibbon mom carrying the wee gibbon, and watching the wee gibbon doing gibbon things. It was awesome.

19 Likes

Gibbon time? Funky. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Got a nice (enough) take-off shot of a Verreaux’s Eagle Owl yesterday:

An interesting thing about these birds is that they are one of the only natural predators of the African pygmy hedgehog.

21 Likes

I know what you mean about “nice enough”. Well framed though.

9 Likes

Bellyrubznowplzthx

17 Likes

It’s one of those shots I get to take one crack at every few years or so, so I’m happy with anything that’s got the focus on the eyes, even if it’s lacking on various fronts. I wasn’t really planning this one, since I’d planned to skip the bird show to have more time to stare at gibbons. Last time I had a chance was 2014. I got the shot below which I like more, though mostly since great horned owls are far more photogenic:

22 Likes

That is a pretty owl. No argument there.

6 Likes

Comfy? I don’t think the picture quite does justice to how awkward he is.

18 Likes

How’s Miss Kitty doing?

1 Like

Meet Sissy Drumpf

Edit: the wife’s pic seems to capture the essence of Drumpf in the Wind…

19 Likes

Rodan cat is insisting on sitting next to me tonight so I brought her pillow up to the sofa…

17 Likes