Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

The other day when we took Miss Madeline to the park, she decided to get up on the base of the bridge support:

She was super pleased with herself.

Another day we decided to take her down to the river bank to see what she thought about the water. My interpretation of this is: NOPE. (She especially did not like it sloshing at her after a boat went by.)

22 Likes

Update on Kitty the one-eyed pirate dog:

I’ve locked the campaign because the vet, despite their assurances to hang on to her for a couple of extra days, claims to have given Kitty to an adopter - apparently someone who was good-hearted enough to pay $400 for a nine year-old, one-eyed dog.
I was a little upset about this, but have come to the conclusion that this person really cared about giving Kitty a good home, and it was in her best interest.

There are additional developments…
Apparently the bank card associated with the account being fed by the campaign was hijacked, and someone tried to charge a buttload of Domino’s pizza and Priceline Hotels credit, plus a FoxyProxy account. Luckily, the charges had holds because the user failed the security code question, and I was able to get the card company to kill the card for the time being.
As soon as I get this fixed, I plan to contact the few people who donated and return their money, or redirect it to another charitable contribution of their choice.

19 Likes

Glad to hear that Kitty found a good home.

Geez, the campaign sounds like a mess.

9 Likes

Yes, it surprised me.

I did have a strange email about three weeks ago asking about the campaign, and how to donate, but all I did was send a link to the page as was posted upstream. If it was a phishing attempt, I’m not sure how they got the card number.
The weird thing is the Domino’s charges were only a few miles away across the border in San Diego, so I’m thinking maybe someone knew the bank’s card prefix numbers and tried a few random suffix numbers at the Apple app store until they found one that hit.

9 Likes

LUKE UPDATE: For the past month or so, he’s been sitting on my lap at irregular intervals, for up to half-an-hour at a time! I have NO explanation for this behavior - and I don’t expect one! I’m gonna enjoy it while it lasts!

this has been a LUKE UPDATE!

16 Likes

Cats get mushier as they get older.

10 Likes

He’s not that soft.

No, my mom died this past June, and our living room is…well, you can actually sit on the love seat and the couch now. I think part of it is to comfort me, and part of it is because he can now (I didn’t spend a lot of time in the living room). And of course, because he chooses to grace my lap with his warm, furry, purring presence.

11 Likes

Tailless wonder, sleeping while purring:

Holstein, also holding me on the recliner:

'Tis a conspiracy to prevent me from proper sleep, I swear.

19 Likes

Early voting and an opportunity to destroy things - always lovely.

23 Likes

Who’s the good dog who voted early? Sherlock is. Yes he is.

25 Likes

How many pets have you registered as voters, anyway?

15 Likes

What’s sad about this is that this happened:

8 Likes

21 Likes

Some people know, most don’t.
We lost my little girl, she of my avatar, just after Thanks Giving.
It was very sudden and very hard, and I still have a hard time understanding that she’s gone.
She was only 6 years old. My heart is still broken.

We went a week with just one dog, and then promptly got a puppy. Butters. He helps. A little.
Mostly I watch him play with Dude and think how much she would have loved having a puppy.

Pets man, fuzzy little time bombs.

25 Likes

Huge sympathy. Going to go give mine a treat now.

10 Likes

So sorry, @Missy_Pants!

11 Likes

So sorry for your loss, always such a painful thing losing pets.

11 Likes

So many Americans on this board that it’s worth noting Canada has Thanksgiving early in October.

I’m still sorry, Missy, our household knows very well what it’s like to have a critter-shaped hole in your heart.

14 Likes

Flew no more than two feet over my head as I broke from the treeline into a gravel parking lot. I guess he was counting on the fact that they make the same amount of noise as a shadow when they fly.

I suppose unfortunately for this one, he crossed my periphery and I locked on and had a good headlamp. From now on though, I’m taking my 700 lumen flashlight when I go spotting, for just such an occasion.

Sorry for the crap quality, but it was dark and I had to turn up the exposure, and also I was drunk and didn’t have anything to lean against so you get some motion blur too.

17 Likes

The blur makes a pretty cool effect on that first one!

6 Likes