Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Every time I do laundry I get at least one feline visitor. This time TuxedoGirl decided she could tolerate overly affectionate TabbyGuy this time

16 Likes

Geese silhouetted against the NY skyline

17 Likes

Not a particularly interesting photo, but was just happy to catch a glimpse of one of the strays my daughter gives treats to when I was dropping her back on campus today.

According to my daughter, “that’s Sophie. She’s very shy.”

17 Likes

Oh yeah, look at that face of tolerance!

9 Likes

I hate the plant myself for that reason, it was growing in my neighbor’s yard on the opposite side of the fence. I think the opossum just figured the risk of getting poked by the sharp parts on the plant was worth it to get a little more distance from the sharp parts on my dogs. Plus the spikes can work to your advantage when you’re a little guy hiding from predators.

Last time the dogs found an opossum in our yard he just pulled the “you can’t kill me, I’m already dead” trick. Amazing how the rest of the animal kingdom keeps falling for that one.

(ETA: meant as reply to @subextraordinaire)

15 Likes

When there was a possum out and about in my yard last weekend it climbed straight into the middle of a pomegranate bush even though nobody was pursuing it or close to it at the time. Guess they’re just really good at dealing with thorns.

17 Likes

My sister-in-law’s doggos from Christmas time…

17 Likes

Foster kittens are going back to the shelter this week. They’re ready for permanent homes :smiling_face_with_tear:

21 Likes

One of the local nature preserves has peafowl for some reason.

She’s just not into you, bruh :rofl:

19 Likes

When my daughter was still in k-12 school (she’s in college now), for several years running, on the first day of school, we’d see a pea fowl on the side of the road on the way… :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

this picture is really fantastic!

6 Likes

Check out the new winter threads.

17 Likes

My wife was watching a recipe video while preparing it, she walked away and left the video going. Mr. Feral took over so she wouldn’t miss anything.

16 Likes

We have a pet cemetery nearby, they are open 7 days a week and do the cremation onsite. It’s normally staffed by a young adult or two. They are the most respectful kids full of compassion, kindness, and treat the animal with with great care when you drop it off.

Baby Kitty came back today, old man took a nap with kitty.

Kitty paw print (we never found out if it was a boy or girl) has been added to our memorial shelf.

21 Likes

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

11 Likes

We leave Christmas lights on that bush until spring, yesterday the LED lights got all wonky, today we figured out why.

14 Likes

Oh. Yeah. We’ve had all kinds of problems with Jr. Kidd’s cat eating low-voltage/low-amperage wires. He completely destroyed the pre-wired xmas tree, destroyed 3VGA cables, snd chewed up every CAT cable he can get his un-hingeable jaw on. The issue is that most of these types of wires are encased in a soy-based plastic. Smells like food!

15 Likes

I dunno, man. Looks to me like he’s trying to fix them…

11 Likes

I caught this on Howard the other day, him and his wife are big cat rescue people, Beth got wind of this because she knows the people with the animal sanctuary. They were not able to save the pig.

It’s a weird situation, the people that bought the pig way overpaid and the teenager still got to learn about farming by raising the pig.

Howard made the valid point that currently in our country laws don’t seem to mean anything but no one could look the other way when it came to slaughtering a single pig.

The other odd thing about the story, apparently the pig was displayed in a tutu and made up to look cute. If you’re raising an animal for food and slaughter why would you name it and dress it up?

Oh, and… Florida, that’s why.

“We are a venue for young people in our community to learn how to be ranchers and farmers,” she said. “The process is they raise the animal for food consumption. That is the reason why. To change those rules mid-stream because somebody wants to take an animal home is not ethical. These children are being told how to follow rules.”

6 Likes

New toy. Still have to learn to share with the friends.

17 Likes