Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

9 Likes

Not sure what these are. Maybe Eastern Wood-Peewee? According to the Travis Audubon society, a group of them is called a dribble or a squirt. Seems a bit early for a migratory bird tho. I couldnā€™t get any closer

12 Likes

I always tought bears were really big dogs.

Tired Black Bear GIF by Animals Asia

13 Likes

Iā€™m trying to take a pic of my Hoid Box but Prince Floof of Pufflandia is not having it

16 Likes

a dribble or squirt of peewee.
i just canā€™tā€¦

14 Likes

Have you tried the Merlin app?

12 Likes

Oooo no, I have not. I shall download it immediately

11 Likes

Donā€™t forget to download the bird library too. I use this app and I really like it. I donā€™t remember if it came with a database with only birds from the United States. I had to download a free library of birds from South America.

11 Likes

4 Likes

When I went to Bonaire, I had to download the pack for the Caribbean and Maracaibo Basin, but it was free and quick. Previously Iā€™d had the Midwest pack and the continental US & Canada pack. You can download all of them, just to have on hand, or only the ones you need (if memory/storage is a concern).

I seem to recall that the app came without any packs, so that anyone in the world can use the app, once they pick the right packs for them.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been asked a few times about the button on the back of his new jumper.
I tell people itā€™s a jumper with built-in ABST.
Push the button to release the back-flap, which gives access to the bum-scritching area.
Advanced Bum Scritching Technology, no extra charge!

Actually, I wanted a darker green for him. Ideally, a British Racing Green coat, with a Spitfire roundel on top and a few crossed-out squirrels on each side.
:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thanks to the Internet, and specially Google, I discovered that 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit according to the Chinese Zodiac. What I didnā€™t know is that 2023 is also the year of the cat, but this time according to the Vietnamese zodiac!

ETA

16 Likes
7 Likes

Umā€¦ Things happen when Iā€™m asleep.

20230124_060618

11 Likes

Almost 3 weeks in, the mama is still a little scary, but we finally got some good pics of her and the baby (3 weeks old today!)

She keeps moving the kitten out to the living room, which can be freaky bc sheā€™s still extremely protective about the little bean. Yesterday we moved her back into the room we have set aside for them and it turned into a bit of a siege until she calmed down.
She just did it again this morning and we put her in a box in the living room, which seems to be going better. But you can tell sheā€™s on edge.
Taking them for their check up this week. That should be an adventure!

21 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:
Mama cat is such a pretty tortoiseshell !!! (The stereotype is that tri-colored cats tend to be, umm, ā€œstrong personalities.ā€ And baby is a smoky gray tuxedo? Sooo much cuteness!

Mama cats often move the nest. Little Bean is starting to explore some too? Does Mama let you handle the baby? Itā€™s prime time for learning that humans are fun, give cuddles, and play (but you know all this and Iā€™m just squeeing on KITTEN!!!)

14 Likes

Kind of. She lets us, and will purr and sit next to us, but then gets really on edge and then aggressive afterwards, like coming at our feet even when weā€™re walking away from the area. I think sheā€™s still figuring all this out. I hope by next week when the kitten is more mobile sheā€™ll mellow out a bit more.
The funny part is she keeps moving the kitten out here, but then seeming really nervous about it. Like she wants us all to be together, but then canā€™t handle it. She has a few ā€œnestā€ options within her own room and has moved between 3 of them. When she brings her out here she just plops her on the floor. Funny little thing.

Isnā€™t she? I love her tan knee socks in back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I didnā€™t know that about tri-colored cats! Cool to know. I imagine she will mellow out somewhat once sheā€™s neutered. Sheā€™s really acrobatic, though! I hope she maintains that.

12 Likes

I believe the slang term is tortitude, for both torties and calicos. All the tri-color kits Iā€™ve known were quite strong willed, sassy, and feisty. Wonā€™t hold true for all of them, of course. Same way not all orange tabbies are laid back
cat green eyes GIF

16 Likes

I can confirm this.

18 Likes

Thatā€™s a meme, right there!

13 Likes