Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Old Man gave us quite the scare this week.

Last Sunday he threw up some clear rust colored foul smelling stuff three times. The odor is not good, it means a possible blockage but he was using the liter box so a blockage wasn’t likely.

The next day he vomited some even more nasty stuff and he quit eating but he was still drinking plenty of water and using the liter box, he was sleeping a lot but did not appear weak. We couldn’t get through to his vet so Dr. Google it was. We stopped all medication and gave small doses of generic Pepcid, that calmed his stomach but he didn’t eat for 3 days.

On the 4th day he started eating dry food and the next day he was back to his usual begging self several times a day. No idea what he had but it wasn’t fun.

On a side note I tried one of those online vet chat things for 40 bucks, useless waste of money.

This is him scaring us early in the week. He was barely breathing, lightly touching his ear causes it to twitch so we know he’s still with us.

Here he is back to his old self.

He knocks these candles over when he wants to get our attention. It’s right behind my recliner.

And really back to his normal self. He’s gonna break a hip one day. He occasionally misses.

15 Likes
11 Likes

I’m being neglected until Mr. Feral says I can have my wife back. He’s had her trapped for a while now.

He was fanicated by the thermostat the other day.

And Mrs. Seizure kitty sat with me the other day. She normally doesn’t do that. And I think I’ll have to change her nickname because she’s been seizure free for a few months.

15 Likes

17 Likes

Oh right, the things that wake me up nearly hourly all night long, even with good earplugs in.

Angry Listen Up GIF by sarahmaes

7 Likes
13 Likes

oohh! he’s cool!

15 Likes

No photo, but I just witnessed a juvenile bald eagle (we had a successful nest this past year!) dive-bombing to attack a Canada goose on the water. Didn’t get him, though.

I’ve always like eagles.

Oh, and the swans are back!

15 Likes

i see what you did there doctor who GIF

8 Likes

Pretty boi

18 Likes

Kitten toe beans.

Aren’t they so cute!?! Don’t think I’ve ever noticed black beans on a white paw.

She’s been relocated to the space between the couch and the wall and the mama has definitely calmed down. She’s still very feisty, but I no longer fear for my hide…as much.

18 Likes

14 Likes

visiting Wuppertal?

6 Likes

I had a tuxedo kitteh with white paws and black beans. :heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

Good to know!

9 Likes

Happy Zebra Day!

11 Likes

When one fosters new kittens that haven’t been named in the shelter’s system yet, we get to name them. I’m thinking something related to storm clouds based on her coloring…Nimbus?
Any suggestions?

16 Likes

No.

4 Likes

The blue eyes might change as she gets older but I googled blue eyes, blue sky, and cloud names and came up with a couple.

These are just names I could see calling one of our cats.

Nakesha – Ruler of the blue heaven

Odeta – Romanian name for “blue sky

Linna – A small blue flower

Talia - rain from heaven

Varsha - Indian name meaning rain

8 Likes

The birds must be cold :cold_face:

20 Likes