Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

I think for me, it’s the poop. They’ve overtaken Wichita, KS and at first you think people aren’t picking up after their dogs, but then you realize it’s goose poop.

9 Likes

My wife had to take the orange cat out of quarantine in order to clean the cell, I mean, the room where it is segregated. As soon as the place was empty Mr. Xuxu went there to occupy the other cat’s favorite cardboard box.

18 Likes
20 Likes

Tired Princess And The Frog GIF

14 Likes

A week of ~35c and high humidity and we’ve discovered the limits of the cats’ love of the subtropics. They love the birdsong, possums in the roof and bats in the trees (and would love the skinks and geckos if they were allowed outside), and are only now beginning to see the value of a cool breeze.

19 Likes

Nearly in a straight line, only because she made sure to stay over land the entire time, and shore land in particular whenever possible.

Guess we’re going to have to start saying ‘as the falcon flies’!

11 Likes

Sightseeing version of the route:

9 Likes

Pupper rescued from a man’s engine compartment in Marietta, GA

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp2y78JOYJA/

11 Likes

OMG!

15 Likes

We’ve had two ducks all winter long hanging out in our canal, I keep trying to get photos of them. This morning they were standing on a very thin film of ice that was mirror like.

I snuck out on our balcony and almost got them but they saw my at the last second.

22 Likes

Walking out the door and this guy was talking to me. He’s on top of his house.

19 Likes

Those are much better photos than simply ducks sitting on top of ice!

Which, BTW, ducks don’t like. Too exposed for them. They wouldn’t have stayed long, whether or not they heard/saw you.

12 Likes

Many mornings I get woke up by the pitter patter of little feet running back and forth on the roof right over the bed. I always thought it was one of the squirrels or a couple playing up there but I could never catch them.

We have a 40’ gutter on one side of the house with a leaf guard thingy covering the entire gutter. Today as I was unloading a large order for the business I heard something in the gutter running back and forth or maybe stuck but it sounded just like what I thought was on the roof.

I got my wife and the ladder in case there was something stuck.and got way up there, it stopped, I tapped the gutter and sure enough it was that squirrel in the photo above. He came running out of a small break in the cover and ran right into his house.

So now I know, we have a squirrel cleaning our gutters, at least he’s earning his keep from all those almonds we feed him.

11 Likes

naw, that’s where he’s storing all the almonds you’ve been feeding him!
just like i have peanuts growing in every garden bed. the squirrels want to plant peanuts in with my peppers, beans and squash!

12 Likes

Thank you but those ducks would disagree.

I got home today and looked out the back window, they were standing there. Long drive so I had to hit the potty and then grab my camera and find the card I took out this morning, at least 15 minutes and they were still there. I watched them for a bit and then they just stepped into the water and swam off. They’ll be back, the last time ducks were hanging out we ended up with around 15 babies so hopefully they make a nest nearby, if they haven’t already, and get crakin’ on some egg laying.

It’s also been in the 50s most of today and that ice just won’t melt.

19 Likes

The youngest made a little house for the bunnies.

17 Likes

Awwwww! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had my screen brightness way down, took a minute to realize there was a bunny in there!

10 Likes

10 Likes

Success. The squirrel was leery about jumping from the table or the ground to investigate so I added a temporary ramp. At first he just peeked in and then he was right at home.

Mr. Feral was mildly interested (last photo bottom right) but one of our teenagers was all relaxed watching a little live squirrel TV.

My neighbor across the canal must think we’re nuts.

19 Likes

Why would you feed the squirrel in that specific box? Now you’ll never get birds!

4 Likes