Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

14 Likes

from

An injured stray cat on the shoulder of cleric Sayed Mahdi Tabatabaei after treatment at a veterinary clinic. Tabatabaei has attracted a large following of adoring young fans on Instagram by rescuing stray cats and dogs in defiance of a local taboo
Photograph: Vahid Salemi/AP

Trial And Error Awwww GIF by NBC

22 Likes

Speaking of swans, some days work is more enjoyable than others. This family hung out with us as we were working.

18 Likes

19 Likes
11 Likes

great shot!

finally managed to get a pic of this little guy (it is not a great shot, but serviceable)

15 Likes

We found an Elm Sphinx moth on the deck this morning. It spent the day in a jar, then was released in the evening.

The youngest kit thought it was cute.

17 Likes

What a pretty buddy!

10 Likes

Bird, definitely not a birb though:

…and this guy came to visit this evening:

I tried to sneak outside to get a better photo, but it ran as soon as it spotted me :frowning:

16 Likes

Is that a badger-badger-badger-badger?

13 Likes

One of the Peaky Blinders for sure.

peaky blinders shelby GIF

10 Likes

Looks like a Jackdaw!

(The bird, not the mustelidopode)

15 Likes

13 Likes

Frolic!

15 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah that’s a western jackdaw (Coloeus monedula). That railway platform looks familiar but they all tend to look similar.

7 Likes

Cute!
Looks like you’re going to have some nice milkweed, too. Is that what that is in the background? It’s leaves are bigger than I see around here.

9 Likes

Update on our kitties. They’re two weeks old on Wednesday, and still in that funny, “is it a furry circus peanut or a little alien,” phase.

9 Likes

Why not both? :smiley:

8 Likes

Good eye! I’ve been “cultivating” them for a few years, trying to attract monarchs. About two years ago MD passed a law allowing for “natural landscaping” of laws, so the HOA no longer gives me any grief over them and the other wildflowers I grow in my yard.

13 Likes