Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Nice, us, too. I’ve been collecting seed pods and tossing them around in our meadow, to no avail, but they love one of our raised beds so we’re letting them have it. Still hoping they’ll go rogue and populate some of our less structured land. Last year aphids kind of got them.
And apologies for hijacking the pet/animal thread with something more suited to the garden or horticulture threads! Hopefully by August we’ll have pics of butterflies to bring it all back :wink:

11 Likes

We planted some Vinca Minor under our 60 year old tree when we added the deck. Mrs. Feral liked to use it for a bathroom and play in the dirt so we put some netting over everything until they spread and really take root.

She was laughing at me today.

9 Likes

Hilarious meme I came across, had to share.

15 Likes

Fledgling that the niece found in the grass, so she put it up in a safer location (was afraid one of the dogs would do something to it). Mom and dad were around, so she figured it would be safe. She didn’t see it later, so it must have figured out that flying thing.
(I assume a ruby throated hummer, since I don’t think they get anything else in N. WI)

14 Likes

Definitely not a blue jay!

(what a cutie!)

11 Likes

:joy:

from

14 Likes
13 Likes

For baby birds remember to use this handy flowchart

12 Likes

12 Likes

This is just awesome.

And the YouTube video just in case you’re avoiding the twitters.

11 Likes

I love how he keeps moving his paw and looking around to see if people are paying attention…

9 Likes

@FloridaManJefe

I didn’t mean to go off topic over there so…

Old Man has been making it hard to love him lately, not impossible but difficult.

This evening he tried jumping from our dining room table to the back of my recliner, he overshot it and landed right on my plate of hamburger helper.

He just sat there and looked at me. He ended up in the bathtub washing off noodles and gravy.

He’s clean and fresh and sound asleep.

10 Likes
7 Likes

I’ve been watching the Osprey live cam from Kuopio, two chicks born already, one more egg likely to hatch soon

ETA here’s their web page full of info https://www.kuopio.fi/asuminen-ja-ymparisto/luonto/saaksilive/ The video is embedded there too

ETA2 For some reason the video is down on youtube right now

The straight live feed is here, no bells or whistles ↓

Still with 2 chicks and one egg :slight_smile:

ETA3 updated with a new youtube link. Now with three chicks!

15 Likes

A little cootie in dramatic-looking water.

20 Likes

Today He didn´t wake up well, at least like the other days. He spent the day sleeping, ate almost nothing and played even less. This is not normal for him. We contacted the Vet and She said to give him an antipyretic medicine and that we should wait and see how he is doing.

ETA

The drug worked well and the fever receded. He is playing, but slower than usual. We will keep one eye upon him.

11 Likes

Geese and tiny tiny bunny

17 Likes

10 Likes
15 Likes

16 Likes