Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Current fosters update, everyone is thriving! Here’s a pic of little calico. I love the shadow.

15 Likes

Elks are good swimmers and can also dive

17 Likes

Many years before the movie Frozen, one of my daughters fell in love with a stuffed animal at Ikea (you know the section!) and then of course decided that he was the one stuffie she would bring on trips, which meant he would sit in her backpack with his head sticking out of the top. Well meaning Americans would tell her they liked her moose, and every time she would look at them sternly and correct them: “Elk!”

14 Likes

12 Likes

Blushing Tbs Network GIF by American Dad

Here are a couple more.
Tuxedo kitty - the first born, and a male:

And mama with them both:

The babies can get in and out of their box on their own now, so we’ve added a barrier to that room that the mom can get over but the kittens can’t. Just until they get a little more mobile.
They’re 3-weeks old today! And already weigh more than the last little bean did at 8 weeks.

16 Likes

SIX squirrels in the back yard! (one is mostly hidden under the spool table)

Bonus: small snek in the driveway

18 Likes

We’ve had the big cage since we nursed Mr. Feral back to health in the garage a couple years ago. We brought it in the house to slowly introduce Mr. Feral to indoor livin’.

We keep it in case we need it plus Mr. Feral uses it like a security blanket sleeping on bed and eating alone.

The other cats decided the top was a good place to sleep so we put a bed up there.

Old Man hasn’t been able to get up there for a while. Today he sat on that desk looking up there and crying.

So I built a ramp, he’s happy again.

15 Likes

So it begins…the location of HQ has been established!

Obligs

9 Likes

9 Likes

A year and a half ago our unforgettable Zampa (left) had left us, two months ago Pupina (little baby girl in Italian, on the right) followed him.

We decided to get another couple of house overlords, and we welcome sister and brother Kiki (black) and Haku (tabby):

And yes, we are fans of Miyazaki’s movies.

14 Likes

So we got a new doormat:

Vanta says “thank you, but less comfy than the cat bowl and in an odd place”:

16 Likes

Is your cat a living copyright infraction?

11 Likes

Still watching the ospreys and chicks in Kuopio…Now that YouTube link is down but there’s a new link (looks like it’s too late to edit my previous comment again)

(I don’t know why it goes down every so often on YouTube and then there’s a new and different link posted on Kuopio’s info page… I like the YouTube better than the Angelcam straight live feed, though, because on YouTube you can look back over the last 12 hours. If I check in and see that they’re eating a fish, I like to go back and see the dad osprey fly in with it :slight_smile: )

There’s a live osprey cam very near me at the University of Minnesota’s Landscape Arboretum, but I confess I find the view there a bit dull. I like the view at Kuopio better—up in the trees, looking out over the lake, sometimes you see a boat go by—just seeing the view there in itself is refreshing to me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

They say YouTube sometimes ends the feed. Alt:
https://kallavesi.click2stream.com/
And another nest.

Weirdly sääski means either mosquito or osprey in Finnish.

10 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t aware of the second one you posted. I love it!!

7 Likes

https://www.luomus.fi/fi/luomuksen-saaksikamerat

Few more.

7 Likes

A 3D mat!

10 Likes

Sakes alive!

6 Likes

Smol-ish snek (rat snake, I think) hanging out on my front porch this afternoon. Greeted me earlier this AM right under the threshold in a much less chonky form, seems happy to be here.

We sized up our intentions toward each other and have agreed to respect personal space. It may continue to digest in peace while I putter about.

17 Likes

Snakes alive!

11 Likes