Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

frajola

13 Likes
10 Likes

Wikipedia says this is a great crested grebe and I agree, it is great:

Nuthatch just casually catching bugs on the underside of a branch to feed the kid like it’s no big deal:

19 Likes

I would like to see the ordinary crested grebe, just for contrast.

10 Likes

Sorry, it appears that all crested grebes are great. Best we can do is a great grebe that is not crested.

18 Likes

Your bird pictures are very good. Parabéns. I like how the expression of the swimming bird seems to say something like: “I´m sorry for not being crested enough.” :grin: :laughing: :rofl:

12 Likes

Not letting the cat out of the bag.

19 Likes

Thank you! But for the record, the non-crested great grebe picture is from Wikipedia, apparently photographed in Brazil. Maybe you will be able to find a more self-confident specimen someday.

10 Likes

We get these around here

(Pie-billed grebe)
They’re also great :wink:

22 Likes

Micro hippo:

15 Likes
14 Likes

19 Likes

Frank Gorshin just popped into my head.

10 Likes

Backyard critters. The squirrel family is grown up. I think there was five baby squirrels. They’ve been tearing around the trees and tearing through my garden. Here’s one of the buggers sneaking a drink.

A vole munching on some grass shoots. I’ve named him Larry for obvious reasons. So long as he stays out of the garden we can be friends.

16 Likes
14 Likes

16 Likes

Swedish duck and ducklings

Swedish swan on nest, surprisingly close to the walking path

Greater Stockholm area

16 Likes

Is it a little baby goat being kept warm?

7 Likes

Looks like it is being weighed

12 Likes

We let Old Man out on the deck with us this evening, he’s been having a rough go of it the last week or so. He wandered around while Mrs. Feral and Mr. New Feral watched from what they thought was a safe distance. Old man took off after Mrs. Feral, he managed to run full speed for about 50’ until I caught him. Mrs. Feral was faster but not by much. Not sure what they would have done if they got together but none of them were being aggressive.

16 Likes