Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

That second pic has extremely calming effect on me. I look at it almost daily…

10 Likes

11 Likes

He can has cheezburger?

13 Likes

ETA

Please, don´t go. These two really get well along together.

14 Likes

Our shelter has a holiday foster program. People come get the animals before the holiday week/weekend to give the animals and the staff a little break.
This is Max. She settled right in.

Look at those big mitts!

16 Likes

Can’t remember where I learnt it, but apparently birds do love dropped cigarette butts as the nicotine or tar helps keep fleas away.
No idea if this is BS or not. I don’t drop butts on the ground.

ETA: Clicked through to that link after posting this first. What a great link, made me smile.

9 Likes

Confirmed.

8 Likes

The dawn chorus

8 Likes

Oooh, it’ll be hard to let that beauty go :heart_eyes::hugs::mrs_claus:

10 Likes

17 Likes

Jyoti’s further adventures in pet-sitting

Everyone, meet Pepper the weirdo. He’s a Maine Coon who likes to inform people it’s past time to get up and feed him by walking on your head, gently biting said head and grooming hair. Please excuse the blurry pic: I don’t do selfies let alone with a large cat sitting on my head grooming me.

And this is Maisie, Pepper’s tortoiseshell sidekick with an amazing paintbrush tail. And no compulsion to sit on my head, ever.

17 Likes

Daily Press, Newport News, Virginia, April 28, 1940

from

12 Likes

15 Likes

10 Likes

Judging by the context of the thread: are they waiting for the vape store to open?

7 Likes

It was! Just brought her back a few minutes ago.
She was such a loving lap kitty. She is going to make someone very happy!
With the exception of a couple elderly fosters who were part of a different thing, every foster we’ve had has found their forever home within a week of us bringing them back, so that’s nice. The socialization really helps their chances. Or at a minimum, gives them a break from the stresses of the shelter environment.
Or lets them grow up outside it. Here’s our first foster kitten, Scamp, from last winter:

15 Likes

I bet they’re resting after their Black Friday shopping.

She is gorgeous!

Whoa! What a couple of beautiful felines! Pepper is such a mischievous boy!

I thought the same thing. But I was unsure whether vape was a word in Finnish. I looked for the name on Google and I’m not sure if it’s the same store.

10 Likes

The doe hated Christmas, mostly because Santa stuffed her favorite resting spot full of boxes.

Our tradition has been to put the tree up after thanksgiving, then take it down after New Year. This year the tree isn’t up yet. We just haven’t been feeling it this year. :disappointed:

13 Likes

If it wasn’t for the kid, we’d probably not get the tree up this year at all. There really isn’t a reason to deny a 7 year old and it will probably be good for us.
We bought a canvas print of Kuma to hang in the house. We had one of our other cat who died and decided hanging a large photo of our kitty would be part of our grieving ritual. We chose this one, which is quintessential Kuma. He was so loving and careful with our now huge fluff ball (pictured) and the princess

It arrived yesterday and I cried. But it wasn’t quite as painful as I had anticipated

8 Likes

19 Likes