Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

10 Likes

Common waxbill.

20 Likes

Old Man followed me around this morning until I picked him up. Once I picked him up he wouldn’t let me put him down. I carried him around, like I used to do with our daughter, until he got sleepy. Didn’t take long.

He hasn’t shown interest in toys in quite a long time but today he was digging around looking for something.

I was supposed to fold the laundry, he got me out of it for a couple hours.

17 Likes

That bottom photo looks like a holiday or greeting card! You could add the greeting in the blank space. So lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I thought the same thing. At first I thought it was a hornet’s nest. I looked closer and saw that there were two birds hanging on that branch. Today it’s not even cold for them to be so close together. They must certainly be dating, as they were not with the rest of the flock.

ETA

14 Likes

17 Likes

The 8 year old kitty our daughter and husband adopted several weeks ago is still not better.

It’s kidney function is in the toilet, he was admitted to the hospital very late last night for 5 days of kidney flushing. It sounds like some sort of dialysis.

Right before they got him the previous owner had him in for a tooth extraction, they think he never recovered or it stirred up some bacterial something or other. He’s been to the vet at least 10 times since they got him. Yesterday the vet said he needed to be in the hospital as a last ditch effort so they are trying.

10 Likes

My wife said “where are the binoculars, I think that’s an eagle”.

There’s no eagle out there, no wait, yes there is. The last few years we’ve had quite a few eagles nesting nearby. I’ve been in Michigan my entire life, we never see eagles. Something is changing.

I finally got a picture. I also gotta get a longer lens.

20 Likes

These birds are so small and light that they don’t bend the blades of grass.

21 Likes

She visited sick kitty today, sounds liked permanent kidney damage probably from the tooth extraction surgery a few weeks ago.

He’s doing well though.

13 Likes

Sandhill cranes having a rest. @chgoliz

18 Likes

So lovely, thanks!

Did you see this?

Jasper-Pulaski is right over the border in Indiana, in the county just south of Lake County (where Gary, Hammond, Crown Point, etc. are located). Absolutely worth a trip in November or December if you can’t get to Nebraska for the major migratory stop.

11 Likes

Some of the sandhill cranes are headed to the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge near me. In January there is an annual festival. (I haven’t been because peopling isn’t my thing.)

10 Likes

Birders aren’t those kind of people. You can be in their vicinity and not have to talk or anything if you don’t want to!

9 Likes
7 Likes

I can confirm.

There are a couple spots we enjoy, you can sit there for hours while people come and go and it remains quiet and peaceful except for an occasional family with little kids but they don’t stay long.

But, if we have a question about an animal we’re looking at all you have to do is ask a question out loud, not even towards anyone in particular and someone with knowledge will answer.

Wildlife people are the best people.

9 Likes

Let us in!

16 Likes

I gotta start pulling the shades at night.

13 Likes

Weird that geese are staying.

2.31 PM.

21 Likes

I have experienced this at wildlife refuge in Florida with my mom. Was fun to be a part of. Today we have plans to walk to a nearby “river” in LA here, where pelicans have a conclave. Not quite the same, but also mostly few if any people.

9 Likes